★ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 253

Burriscarra Abbey

Adam de Staunton, whose family later assumed the name MacEvilly Mac Mhilidh founded the Abbey c. 1298 for the Carmelites. The monastery was abandoned until 1383 and 1413 it was moved by Pope Gregory XII in the Order of St. Augustine, who already ...

Clare Island Abbey

Saint Bridget`s Abbey was founded in the 12th/13th century and in 1224 became a cell of Knockmoy Abbey, a Cistercian abbey near Tuam. It was rebuilt by S. 1460. It contains numerous tombs of the local ruling family of Mayl omalley and tradition s ...

Errew Abbey

Tigernan of Errew is said to have founded a monastery here in the early 6th century. It was originally called "Mainistir Taobh Thiar do Shruth", "the abbey on the west side of the stream". Up to 1.400 students from all over Europe are claimed to ...

Inishmaine Abbey

Inishmaine Abbey is located on the eastern shores of Lough Mask, southwest of Ballinrobe. It once stood on an island, but canal construction lowered the water level and it is now on a peninsula.

Kildermot Abbey

Kildermot Abbey was founded Premonstratensian Canons Norbertines, who were already established in the area at this time. Perhaps the Abbey and its churchyard is now known as Kildermot thanks to the patronage of MAC Diarmada, not associated with a ...

Rathfran Friary

The Priory of the Holy Cross, also called Rathfran Friary or Rathfran Priory, is a former Dominican Friary and National Monument located in County Mayo, Ireland.

Robeen

Robeen is a parish in County Mayo, Ireland with a church, school, creche and pub. Although the parish has a parochial house and priest based there, the parish priest is based in the neighbouring parish of Roundfort. There are also some Bed and Br ...

Roundfort

Roundfort is a parish in County Mayo, Ireland with a church, school, a playschool and there is also famous local pub. Farming is the main provider within the parish for those who do not work in neighbouring towns and cities such as Ballinrobe, Cl ...

Strade Abbey

Strade Friary was founded c. 1240 by Jordan de Exeter, or his son Stephen, at the bequest of Jordans wife Basilia, daughter of Meyler de Bermingham. It was inhabited by the Order of Friars Minor Observant Franciscan Friars, before being refounded ...

Diocese of Meath

The Diocese of Meath is an Irish diocese which took its name after the ancient Kingdom of Meath. In the Roman Catholic Church it still exists as a separate diocese, but in the Church of Ireland it has been united with other dioceses.

Spire of Lloyd

Spire of Lloyd in Kells, Ireland is an 18th-century folly in the form of a Doric column, surmounted by a glazed lantern. Sometimes described as "Irelands only inland lighthouse", it was designed by architect Henry Aaron Baker. It was reputedly co ...

Roman Catholic Diocese of Achonry

The Roman Catholic Diocese of Achonry is a Roman Catholic diocese in the western part of Ireland. It is one of the five suffragan sees of the Archdiocese of Tuam. The diocese was often called the "bishopric of Luighne" in the Irish annals. It was ...

Inchmacnerin Abbey

A monastic site existed on the island from the 6th century AD, supposedly founded by Columba Saint Colum Cille. The name means "island of the sons of Eirin". It was renamed in the Augustinian monastery for some time between 1140 and 1170. Some of ...

St Marys Cathedral, Elphin

St Marys Cathedral, Elphin, is a former cathedral in the Republic of Ireland. This was the former Cathedral of the diocese of Alpine, and then combines the Cathedral to Kilmore, Alpine and heating. It was founded SV. Patrick and destroyed during ...

St. Crumnathys Cathedral, Achonry

St. Crumnathys Cathedral Achonry, is a former cathedral in the Republic of Ireland. Dedicated to St Nathy, he was formerly in the diocese of Achonry, and then combines the Cathedral of Killala and Achonry. It was rebuilt in 1823, at a price of £1 ...

Cahir Abbey

The Priory of St. Mary in Cahir, known as Cahir Abbey, was a medieval priory of Augustinian Canons regular and is a National Monument located in Cahir, Ireland.

St. Cronans Church, Roscrea (Church of Ireland)

St. Cronans Church is a 19th-century Church of Ireland church in Roscrea, County Tipperary, Ireland. The church was constructed in 1812 on the site of the original 12th century Romanesque church. The grounds include a graveyard and a replica high ...

Mothel Abbey

Mothel was an early monastic site, founded in the 6th century either by Broccan Cloen Brogan, feast day 8 July or, according to the Martyrology of Donegal, St. Brogan Scribe. Cuan succeeded Brogan. To 1540: Edmund Power. To 1463: Thady OMorrissey ...

Bishop of Fore

The Bishop of was head of an historic Irish diocese, firstly subsumed by the Diocese of Meath and now within the Diocese of Meath and Kildare. Its hub front village, County Westmeath.

St Clares Church, Liverpool

The Church of St Clare is on the corner of Arundel Avenue and York Avenue in the Sefton Park area of Liverpool, Merseyside, England. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade I listed building, and is an activ ...

St Annes Church, Edge Hill

St Annes Church is in Overbury Street, Edge Hill, Liverpool, Merseyside, England. It is an active Roman Catholic parish church in the Archdiocese of Liverpool. In 1999 its parish was combined with that of the Church of St Bernard. The church is r ...

St John the Evangelists Church, Kirkdale

St John the Evangelists Church is in Fountains Road, Kirkdale, Liverpool, Merseyside, England. It is an active Roman Catholic parish church in Pastoral Area of Liverpool North, in the Archdiocese of Liverpool. The church is recorded in the Nation ...

Church of Our Lady of Reconciliation, Liverpool

The Church of Our Lady of Reconciliation is a Roman Catholic church in Eldon Street, Vauxhall, Liverpool, Merseyside, England. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II listed building.

St Anthonys Church, Scotland Road

St Anthonys Roman Catholic Church, is on Scotland Road in the Vauxhall area of Liverpool. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II listed building.

St Marys Church, Woolton

St Marys Church is in Church Road, Woolton, Liverpool, Merseyside, England. It is an active Roman Catholic parish church in the Pastoral Area of Woolton and Halewood, and the Archdiocese of Liverpool The church is recorded in the National Heritag ...

San Michele Abbey, Monticchio

The Abbey of San Michele is a Benedictine Abbey located at the foot of Monte Vulture, on the eastern flank of the Lago di Monticchio Piccolo in Monticchio in the region of Basilicata, Italy.

Bodrog Monastery

The Hodos-Bodrog Monastery is one of the oldest monastic institutions in Romania. It was originally a Roman Catholic monastery, built before 1177 and destroyed before 1293. The present monastery, which belongs to the Romanian Orthodox Church, was ...

Evangelical Free Church of Geneva

The Evangelical Free Church of Geneva in French the Eglise evangelique libre de Geneve is a Reformed free church in Geneva. The church has 6 congregations in Onex, Versoix, Buix, Rive Droite, Carouge, lOratoire with a combined membership of 1.000 ...

Elisabeth, Queen of Poland

Elisabeth, Queen of Poland may refer to the following queens of Poland: Elizabeth of Bosnia. (Элизабет Боснии) Elizabeth of Austria 1526–1545. Elizabeth of Austria 1436–1505. Elizabeth Granowska. (Элизабет Granowska)

English country houses with changed use

Stowe House. (Стоув Дом) Heslington Hall. (Хеслингтон Зале) Townhill Park House. (Townhill Парк Хаус) Dartington Hall. (Дарлингтон-Холл) Westonbirt House. (Дом Уэстонбирт) Prior Park. (До Парка) Bramshill House. (Брамсхиллской Дом) Wennington Hal ...

Ballyscullion House

Ballyscullion House refers to two country houses built for the Hervey family near Bellaghy in County Londonderry, Northern Ireland, close to Lough Beg at north-west corner of Lough Neagh. The first house Ballyscullion, sometimes called "bishops f ...

Baronscourt

Baronscourt, Barons-Court or Baronscourt Castle is a Georgian country house and estate located 4.5 km southwest of Newtownstewart in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, and is the seat of the Duke of Abercorn. It is a Grade A-listed building. In Bar ...

Blessingbourne House

Blessingbourne House is a large Elizabethan style manor-house situated in parkland near Fivemiletown in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. The current building was designed Cockerel Frederick Pepys and built between 1870 and 1874. It was built in t ...

Burrenwood

The ornamental wooded and cottaged demesne at Burrenwood was conceived by Theodosia Hawkins-Magill 5 September 1743- 2 March 1817, the Countess of Clanwilliam, a great Ulster heiress and landowner, the daughter and heir of Robert Hawkins-Magill, ...

Parkanaur House

Parkanaur House is a Class A listed large Tudor Revival architecture house in the village of Castlecaulfield near Dungannon, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. Currently, the house is a two storey building, built in 1840-ies from a block of rubble. ...

Richhill Castle

Richhill Castle is a 17th-century Grade A listed country house in the large village of Richhill, in the townland of Legacorry, Armagh, Northern Ireland roughly halfway between Armagh and Portadown. This two-story building with a gable attic in hi ...

Berllan-deg, Llanhennock

Berllan-deg, Llanhennock, Monmouthshire is a country house dating from the mid-17th century. A rare survival of a remarkably unaltered hall house, Berllan-deg is a Grade II* listed building.

Big House, Landshipping

The Big House, also known as Landshipping House, is a historic house on the banks of the River Cleddau in Landshipping, Pembrokeshire, Wales. The house, which was built in 1750 and owned by Owens Orielton who were Landshipping coal agents. It was ...

Broughton Hall, Flintshire

Broughton Hall was a large country house that was located in Broughton, Flintshire, Wales. It was demolished in the early 1970s and houses now exist on the site. The only indication of its existence is the main road through the village, Broughton ...

Brynderi House, Llantilio Crossenny

Brynderi House, in the hamlet of Brynderi, Llantilio Crossenny, Monmouthshire is a country house with origins in the mid-18th century. The house was extensively rebuilt in the early 19th century in a Regency style. In the later 19th century the h ...

Chapel Farmhouse, Llanarth

Chapel Farmhouse and its attached outbuilding, Llanarth, Monmouthshire is a house dating from the 16th century. Greatly enlarged in the 17th century, it remains a private house. It is a Grade II* listed building.

Church Farmhouse, Kemeys Commander

Church Farmhouse, Kemeys Commander, Monmouthshire is a former parsonage dating from the mid-16th century. The farmhouse and the attached barn are Grade II* listed buildings.

Coed-y-gelli, Llanarth

The architectural historian John Newman describes Coed-y-gelli as "a typical two-unit house of the later 16th century". CADW is slightly less certain, ascribing the construction date to either the late 16th or early 17th centuries. CADW also sugg ...

Court Colman Manor

Court Colman Manor is a historic Tudor mansion in Pen-y-fai, Bridgend, South Wales. The property belonged to Margam Abbey until the Dissolution, after which it passed through several hands. It was built in 1766 by Hopkin Rees and enlarged and mod ...

Court Farmhouse, Llanover

Court Farmhouse and the attached Court Farm Cottage, Llanover, Monmouthshire is a country house dating from the early 16th century. Originally two houses, which became the East and West wings of a larger house, with a connecting hall constructed ...

Court Farmhouse, Llanthony

Court Farmhouse, Llanthony, Monmouthshire is a farmhouse of late medieval origins. It may have originally been lodgings for the Prior of Llanthony. Following the Dissolution of the Monasteries the building became a farmhouse. In the 19th century, ...

Cresselly House

Cresselly House is a grade II* listed Georgian country house in the small village of Cresselly, near Kilgetty, Pembrokeshire. It now also serves as a country house hotel and wedding venue. The main range is rubble built over three floors with two ...

Frampton, Vale of Glamorgan

Frampton is a hamlet in the Vale of Glamorgan in South Wales. It lies within the parish of Llantwit Major, to the north of the town off the B4265 road, 4.25 miles south-southwest of Cowbridge. It is divided into Little Frampton and Great Frampton.

Galltfaenan Hall

Gallfaenan Hall, also known as Alltvaynan, is a Grade II listed building near to Trefnant and Henllan in Denbighshire, Wales. The website was created in the 16th century, when branches of the family Salusbury bought it from the family of Ravenscr ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →