★ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 254

Hartford Manor

Hartford Manor is a former country house in the village of Hartford, Cheshire, England. Its age is uncertain, it was said to have been re-fronted in about 1820 for John Marshall, but the core of the building is earlier. It has since been altered ...

Hawkers Hut

Hawkers Hut is an historic hut at Morwenstow, Cornwall originally built by the eccentric clergyman, poet and antiquarian, Robert Stephen Hawker, close to Higher Sharpnose Point. The hut is located approximately 1 mile from Morwenstow Church. The ...

Hawling Manor, Gloucestershire

Information from Country Life states that the manor "was held in 1066 by the Countess Goda, sister of Edward the Confessor." The present building dates from the 16th century, with some additions and alterations from the 17th through to the 20th c ...

Heatherden Hall

Heatherden Hall is a Grade II-listed, Victorian country house located in Iver Heath, Buckinghamshire, England. It stands in the grounds of Pinewood Studios and is used as offices, film sets, and as a wedding venue. Was purchased General-Colonel W ...

Hirst Priory

Hirst Priory is an attractive early to mid 18th century country house in the parish of Belton on the Isle of Axholme. It is set within its own grounds in the North Lincolnshire countryside. It was built upon the site of a 12th-century Augustinian ...

Hough Hole House

Hough Hole House is a historic house to the northwest of the village of Rainow, Cheshire, England. It dates from about 1660, and was altered and extended in 1796. An engineering works was added in the 1850s, and incorporated into the house during ...

Hurdcott House

Hurdcott House is a country house in Barford St Martin, Wiltshire, England, roughly 7 miles west of Salisbury. It became a Grade II listed building on 29 May 1987.

Hutton Hall (Guisborough)

Hutton Hall is a grade II listed country house in the Hutton Lowcross area to the south west of Guisborough, North Yorkshire, England. It was built in 1866 by Alfred Waterhouse for the industrialist Joseph Pease. Railway station, Hutton gate was ...

Kings Mill, Stamford

Kings Mill is a former watermill on Bath Row, Stamford, Lincolnshire, England, at the bottom of the sloping road called St Peters Vale. There is said to have been a mill on this site at the time of the Domesday survey, and took the name Kings Mil ...

Windermere House, Lancaster

Windermere House is in Middle Street, Lancaster, Lancashire, England. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II listed building. It originated as a school, and has since been converted into flats. For the h ...

Langar Hall

Langar Hall is a Grade II listed house, now a hotel, next to the church in Langar, Nottinghamshire. The present building was built in the 18th century, but part of "probably a relic of an earlier building". Langar Hall was once the home of Earl H ...

Lidmore

Lidmore or Lydmore is a small hamlet and farm in the Vale of Glamorgan. It is located just off the A4226 road, to the northwest of Highlight Park in Barry, Vale of Glamorgan and in close proximity to Brynhill Golf Club. To the north is Great Hams ...

Low House Estate

Low House is an 18th-century Georgian manor house located one and a half miles north of the village of Armathwaite in the Eden Valley of Cumbria, England. It sits close to the River Eden, which flows through Cumbria up to the Solway Firth

Malden Manor

Malden Manor is a manor house located in the Old Malden area in the borough of Kingston upon Thames, London, England. The manor house, near St. John, is mentioned in the Domesday Book. In 1264 by Walter de Merton, Bishop of Rochester, founded a C ...

Manor House, Raunds

The Manor House is a Grade II listed building that stands on a site at the northeast corner of the junction of Manor Street and High Street in Raunds, Northamptonshire, England.

Melksham House

Melksham House is a Grade II listed house, situated 150 metres west of the Market Place in the town of Melksham, Wiltshire, England. The house was built between the 17th and early 18th century, although records show a building on this site since ...

Mere Old Hall

Mere Old Hall is a 17th-century country house which stands to the west of the village of Mere and the junction of the A566 and A50 roads in Cheshire, England. The house was built of brick and stone, which were whitewashed and rendered, with tiled ...

Michaelstowe Hall

Michaelstowe Hall is a manor house in the village of Ramsey Manor near Harwich, Essex. The present Michaelstowe hall, which opened in 1903, but the Michaelstowe estate has a long and rich history that can be traced back to the Domesday Book of 10 ...

Mount Ephraim Gardens

The gardens are laid out around a large house and 800 acres 3.200.000 m 2 estate. It was originally built in 1695, then rebuilt in 1878 and then extended 1913 all for the Dawes family. The house is listed Grade II on the National Heritage List fo ...

Mytton and Mermaid Hotel

The Mytton and Mermaid Hotel in the parish of Atcham, near Shrewsbury, England, is a Grade II listed building. It gained its protected status in 1952. Originally built as a farmhouse and later used as an Inn and hotel, the structure of the Mytton ...

Combermere House, Nantwich

Combermere House, or 148 Hospital Street, is a Georgian town house in Nantwich, Cheshire, England, which dates from the mid 18th century. It is located on the south side of Hospital Street, near the end of the street and opposite the junction wit ...

Over Tabley Hall

Over Tabley Hall is a country house in the parish of Tabley Superior in Cheshire, England. It stands in an isolated position to the northwest of junction 19 of the M6 motorway.

Pampisford Hall

Pampisford Hall is a country house designed by George Goldie in the civil parish of Pampisford in the English county of Cambridgeshire. It became a Grade II listed building on 29 October 1974. The halls gates and gate piers are also Grade II list ...

Park Place, Berkshire

Park Place is a historic Grade II Listed country house and gardens in the civil parish of Remenham in Berkshire, England, set in large grounds above the River Thames near Henley, Oxfordshire.

Petersham Lodge

Petersham Lodge is a Grade II listed house on River Lane, Petersham in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. Rebuilt in the early 18th century for the Duchess of Queensberry, it is a former grace and favour mansion.

Portland House, Weymouth

Portland House is a 20th-century detached house, located at Weymouth, Dorset, England. It is found in the area known as Bincleaves, overlooking Portland Harbour. The house, built in 1935, is now in the care of the National Trust, who lets the bui ...

Poulton Hall

Poulton Hall is a country house in Poulton Road, Poulton, an area to the south of Bebington, Wirral, Merseyside, England. The present hall was built in 1653 and was extended in the following centuries. It is built in pebbledashed brick with stone ...

Red Cat Cottage

The Red Cat Cottage, a Grade II listed building, is now a residence that sits at the top of Bachelor Gardens in Bilton, a district of Harrogate in North Yorkshire, England. At the time of Oliver Cromwell this house was an inn that sat on Dragon L ...

Reddish House

Reddish House, also known as Reddish Manor, in the village of Broad Chalke in Wiltshire, England, is an early 18th-century manor house possibly built in its current form for Jeremiah Cray, a clothier. It is a Grade II listed building. A history o ...

Romney Cottage

Romney Cottage is an early 18th-century home located in the Ormsgill area of Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, England. Also known as High Cocken it is most noted as being the residence of painter George Romney, an early member of the famed Romney fami ...

Rothay Manor

The house was built for John Crosfield, a merchant from Liverpool, in 1835 and was originally known as Rothay Bank. The veranda and balcony, which is made of cast iron, was conceived by Mrs Crosfield, who was French. The house came into the owner ...

Southbroom House

Southbroom House is an 18th-century Grade II* listed house in Devizes, Wiltshire, England. The house and its grounds were bought by Wiltshire County Council in 1925 for use as a school, and today the house forms part of Devizes School, the towns ...

Stagenhoe

Stagenhoe is a Grade II listed stately home and surrounding gardens located in the village of St Pauls Walden in Hertfordshire. It is approximately 6 miles south of Hitchin. It was the family seat of the Earl of Caithness. Socialite Lady Euphemia ...

Stanley Hall, Shropshire

Stanley Hall, near to Astley Abbotts in Shropshire, England, is a Grade II listed building that first gained its protected status in 1970. It dates probably from the early 17th century. It was for some time the family seat of the Tyrwhitt baronets.

Sunningdale Park

Sunningdale Park is a meeting and conference venue in Sunningdale, Berkshire that is run by De Vere Venues. On an area of 65 hectares 26 hectares, listed grade II Neo-Georgian mansion called Northcote House which was built in 1930 and in which no ...

Sweetbriar Hall

Sweetbriar Hall is a timber-framed, "black and white" mansion house in the town of Nantwich, Cheshire, England, at 65 and 67 Hospital Street. It has been designated by English Heritage as a Grade II listed building. The hall was built for the bra ...

Temple Druid

Temple Druid is a grade II listed John Nash house in west Wales, Pembrokeshire. Temple druid, named after a series of standing stones and cromlech, the house is about 3/4 of a mile East of the village of Maenclochog.

Tree House, Crawley

Tree House, also known as The Tree, is a medieval timber-framed house on the High Street in Crawley, a town and borough in West Sussex, England. It is the original manor house of Crawley, and was built in the early 15th century and rebuilt in the ...

Tresillian House, St Newlyn East

Tresillian House is a country house near St Newlyn East, off the A3058 road, Cornwall, England. It was registered as a Grade II listed building on 30 May 1967. It is most associated with the Bennet family historically, John Bennet, Curate of Anto ...

Tyn-y-Coed Farmhouse

Tyn-y-Coed Farmhouse is a grade II Listed Building in Caerdeon, Barmouth, Gwynedd. This Georgian farm house was built in 1756 and later extended and altered in 1884. A rubble built farmhouse with slate roof was listed approximately 1995.

Wadhurst Castle

Wadhurst Castle is a 19th-century castellated mansion just to the west of the town of Wadhurst, East Sussex, England, in an elevated position overlooking the countryside to the south. It is a grade II listed building. First built in 1818-20 James ...

Weoley Castle (house)

Weoley Castle is the remains of a fortified manor house located in the Birmingham district of Weoley Castle, a primarily residential area, in the English West Midlands. Owned by Birmingham City Council and administered as a community museum by Bi ...

West Hill, Wandsworth

West Hill is a road in Wandsworth, London. It runs west-east, from the junction with the A219 at Tibbets Corner near Putney Heath to the junction with Putney Bridge Road and Merton Road in the east, where it becomes Wandsworth High Street. It is ...

Westholme House

Westholme House is a historic building in the English market town of Sleaford in Lincolnshire, set in 32 acres of parkland and school grounds. Built around 1849 in the style of a French Gothic mansion by Charles Kirk for his business partner Thom ...

Whalton Manor

Whalton Manor is a house in the village of Whalton, Northumberland, England. It is a grade II listed building. The house dates from the 17th century but was substantially altered by the architect Sir Edwin Lutyens in 1908, at the same time as he ...

Wulfhall

Wulfhall or Wolfhall is an early 17th-century manor house in Burbage, Wiltshire, England. A previous manor house on the same site, in the parish of Great Bedwyn, was the seat of the Seymour family, a member of which, Jane Seymour, was queen to Ki ...

Wyastone Leys

Wyastone Leys is a country house estate and Grade II listed building situated near Ganarew, in the southwestern corner of The Doward, in Herefordshire, England. The house and estate has also been known as The Leys or Lays House. It is located 2 m ...

Wyberslegh Hall

Wyberslegh Hall is a large house dating from the 16th century, on the edge of the village of High Lane in Greater Manchester, England. Now in private ownership, Wyberslegh Hall was formerly the home of eldest sons of the Bradshaw family. Of unusu ...

83 Welsh Row, Nantwich

83 Welsh Row is a Georgian town house in Nantwich, Cheshire, England, dating from the late 18th century, located on the south side of Welsh Row. It is currently used as offices. It is listed at grade II*, in the listing, English Heritage describe ...

Adam House, Calne

Adam House is a grade II* listed house at 13 The Green, Calne, Wiltshire, England. The house dates from the seventeenth century and was refronted around 1740. It also includes nineteenth and twentieth century interior and rear additions. It was s ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →