★ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 357

Topsfield Hall

Topsfield hall was a Georgian house in Crouch End, London. In Hornsey historical society believes it was built in 1785 Samuel Ellis, and by 1894 it was demolished.

Tottenham Lane

Tottenham lane is a street in Crouch End and Hornsey in the London borough of Haringey. The street runs from the centre of Crouch End clock tower, North to the intersection of high Street and turnpike lane.

St Peter and St Paul, Dagenham

SV. Peter and Paul-Church of England parish Church in the London borough of Barking and Dagenham, England, formerly in Essex. It is of medieval origin, largely rebuilt in the early nineteenth century.

Dalston bus garage

The former cavalry barracks, Dalston garage coded D was opened as a bus garage by the London General omnibus company in 1906. He was in the green road, opposite the junction with Albion drive. This garage was quickly closed by London transport in ...

Dalston railway station (London)

The proposed Dalston railway station on the Crossrail line 2 in Dalston, greater London. It will be an underground station, providing interchange with the existing Dalston Kingsland and Dalston Junction stations.

German Hospital, Dalston

The hospital was founded in 1845 to offer free treatment in London, then a large German-speaking community, which has had a significant presence in the East end. German hospital staff remained in place during the First world war, but was interned ...

Albany Theatre

Albany is a multi-purpose arts centre in Deptford, South East London. Facilities include a flexible performance space with a capacity of up to 300 seated or 500 standing and a bar, two Studio theatres, a café, dance and rehearsal rooms. Albany cu ...

Brookmill Park

Brookmill Park, previously known as Ravensbourne Park, is a small public Park and nature reserve in the London borough of Lewisham. It runs parallel to Brookmill road, Deptford and the river Ravensbourne. It is located between Deptford bridge and ...

Deptford Green School

Deptford Green school, coeducation secondary school in Deptford, Lewisham, England with approximately 1100 students. Deptford green also has specialisms in Humanities, with English, citizenship and drama as the flagship of the subjects. The schoo ...

Deptford Park

Deptford Park is a public Park in Deptford South East London. It belongs to the London borough of Lewisham. The nearest station Deptford and Surrey quays.

Fordham Park

Fordham Park is a public Park in new Cross, London, England, which is owned and operated by London borough of Lewisham. It lies between new cross and new cross gate railway stations, and to the North of the A2 road between London and Dover. It is ...

East Ham Baptist Church

In 1895 the London Baptist Association LBA promoted services in East ham, then a fast growing dormitory area. A temporary iron building on the corner of Katherine road and Victoria Avenue housed the first congregation. R. sloven became the first ...

East Ham Depot

Depot East ham depot on the London, Tilbury and Southend railway line between East ham and barking station with the depot code em. Depot about 6 1 ⁄ 2 mi-metro station Fenchurch, and to the West of the river Roding.

Green Street House

Green street house, commonly known as the Boleyn castle was a stately home in East ham in the modern London district of newham, East London. Alternative name derives from a local legend linking the house with Anne Boleyn and his imposing appearan ...

Plashet School

School Plashet secondary school girls in East ham, London with approximately 1.350 students. It was formerly the gymnasium. In 2009 OFSTED highlighted Plashet as one of 12 outstanding schools for disadvantaged population groups.

Edgware Way Grassland

Edgware way grassland or Edgware so rude is 6.7 site of Metropolitan importance for nature conservation acres in Edgware in the London borough of Barnet. It passed Edgwarebury brook and contains traces of the planned railway viaduct and embankmen ...

Edgwarebury Park

Edgwarebury Park is a Park of 22 hectares in Edgware in the London borough of Barnet. He was once part of the manor of Earlsbury, which was first mentioned in 1216. In the later middle Ages it belonged to the College of All souls, Oxford, and the ...

Holland House School

Holland house school, Edgware, London, is an independent secular preparatory school for boys and girls from four to eleven years. The current headmistress is Ms. Stanton-tonner.

St Margaret of Antioch, Edgware

The Church is first mentioned in the XIII century, where it was stated to be used by the knights Hospitaller. The tower dates from the FIFTEENTH century. The rest of the Church is of red brick, and was largely rebuilt in 1764 and again in 1845. H ...

Stoneyfields Park

Park Stoneyfields three public Park area in Edgware in the London borough of Barnet. The Park is mostly meadow area with a small wood, hedgerows and two play areas. Deans brook, which traverses the Park, was dammed to create an ornamental lake. T ...

Eley Industrial Estate

Eley industrial estate in Edmonton, London. Borders with a road angel, which is part of the North circular road A406 road, the river Lee navigation and the Lee valley railway line. The estate is named after Eley brothers who manufactured here the ...

List of people from Edmonton, London

A list of famous people from Edmonton, London The following people were born, raised and lived in Edmonton, London: Ron Lewin footballer. (Рон Льюин футболист) Nigel Havers is an actor. Karren Brady businesswoman. (Каррен Брэди бизнесвумен) Write ...

Pymmes Park

Pymmes Park is situated in Edmonton, London and is bordered by the North circular road. The Park is Metropolitan open space of local importance for nature conservation, and a site of archaeological importance.

St Mary with St John, Upper Edmonton

St. John the Evangelist, upper Edmonton Church in Edmonton, in the London diocese and the Bishop of Edmonton, the RT Revda Peter Whitley. Saint John is in the Anglo-Catholic tradition of the Anglican Church and has a mass in the parish life center.

Sutcliffe Park

Sutcliffe Park community Park 16.7 acres in eltham in the Royal borough of Greenwich in London. Most of the Park is a local nature reserve and site of importance of the town for nature conservation, grade II. The fauna includes dragonflies, damse ...

Clerkenwell Road

Clerkenwell road is a street in London. It runs from West to East from grays INN road on the West, Goswell road in the East. Its continuation at either end is tickets to theobalds road and old street respectively. Clerkenwell road and theobalds r ...

Cowcross Street

Cowcross street is a street in London. It runs from East to West, from St John Street to the East, on Farringdon road in the West. The train station is on the corner of Cowcross street and Turnmill street. The castle is a public house opposite st ...

Turnmill Street

Turnmill Street is a street in London. It runs North to South from Clerkenwell road to the North, Cowcross street in the South. One of the oldest streets in London, she was differently known as Turnmill street and Turnbull in its history. In the ...

Avenue House

Prospect house is a large Victorian mansion, located on East End road in Finchley in the London borough of Barnet. Built in 1859 on land formerly known as temple Croft field, it was acquired in 1874 by ink magnate and philanthropist Henry Charles ...

Avenue House Grounds

Avenue house grounds is a ten-acre site of local importance for nature conservation on the East End road, Church end, Finchley in the London borough of Barnet. The estate now known as Stephens house and gardens. Prospect house is a listed grade I ...

History of Church End, Barnet

History of Church end describes the development of Church end, the oldest part of the district of Finchley in the London borough of Barnet in North London, England.

Convent of the Good Shepherd, Finchley

Convent of the Good Shepherd was established correctional labor colony for girls in East Finchley, London. The order moved to East End house in 1864, and in 1873 the building became a correctional facility for former women prisoners. The monaster ...

History of Finchley

The history of Finchley charts its transformation from the rural parish of Finchley on the edge of the forest of middlesex, at present, a mainly residential suburb of greater London.

Hawthorne Dene (house)

Hawthorne to determine the grade II* listed building in strawberry Vale, East Finchley in London. Bordered by the North circular road. The house was built by James Frost in 1826, who purchased land in the area in 1818. He is known for his innovat ...

Market Place, Finchley

The market is a road in Finchley, North London. It was the largest pig market in Middlesex, founded in the late 17th century. Pigs fattened on grain left over from Londons Gin distilleries, before being sold on the London butchers. In the 19th ce ...

History of North Finchley

In the North, the old name of North Finchley and whetstone, was first recorded in 1462. North Finchley did not develop into an urban area to the enclosure of Finchley common after 1816. Before this, in 1627, Thomas Rawson was allowed to build a w ...

St Annes House, East Finchley

House Annes is a listed grade II in East End road, East Finchley, London. The house was built in the early nineteenth century mid-century additions.

The Tally Ho, Finchley

The pub was built in 1927 on a wedge-shaped plot on which Ballards Lane in the West meets the great road the Great North road to the East. He replaced Park road the hotel is on one site and was originally under the direction of the Charrington br ...

Victoria Park, Barnet

Victoria Park is in Church end Finchley in the London borough of Barnet. It occupies seven hectares. It is located on the Eastern side of Ballards Lane and is quite close to Finchley Central and stations West Finchley tube.

Berners Street

Berners street is a thoroughfare located to the North of Oxford street in Westminster in the West end of London, originally designed as a residential street in the middle of the 18th century Builder William burns, and later devoted a large commer ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation