★ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 398

List of public art in St Jamess

This is a list of public art in the St Jamess district in the city of Westminster, London. St Jamess lies to the North of St Jamess Park, the former hunting grounds attached to St Jamess Palace. Shopping center, marking the Northern border of the ...

Charles II Street

Charles II street is a street in Saint Jamess in Westminster, London. It runs approximately West to East, starting in the mid-East side of St. Jamess square the intersection of Regent street, where it becomes Waterloo place and finishing with hay ...

Haymarket, London

Haymarket is a street in the district Jamess city of Westminster, London. It runs from Piccadilly circus in the North to pall Mall at the southern end. Located in are the theatre Royal, Her Majestys Theatre, New Zealand house, restaurants and a c ...

King Street, St Jamess

King Street was probably named in honor of Charles II, and was first mentioned in the ratebooks in 1673, being known prior to Charles street. With 1200 seats, theatre St Jamess at the corner of Prince street was opened in 1835, but was demolished ...

The Mall, London

The shopping centre is located in the city of Westminster, in Central London, between Buckingham Palace at its Western end and Trafalgar square, via Admiralty arch to the East. Near the East End of Trafalgar square and Whitehall, he met the guard ...

St Jamess Place

St Jamess place is a street in Saint Jamess district of London near green Park. It was first developed around 1694, the historian John Strype describing it in 1720 as a "good street. that gets fresh air from the Park, the houses well built, and i ...

St Jamess Street

Ul. Jamess is the main street in St Jamess, Central London. It runs from Piccadilly down to St Jamess Palace and pall Mall. The main gate of the Palace at the southern end of the road, and in the 17th century Clarendon has faced down street on th ...

Aberdeen Place

Aberdeen place is a street in Saint Johns wood, London. It was founded after 1823 on the site of the farm owned by a rich yeoman, John Lyon, who founded Harrow school in 1571. The farm was located in the former estate of the Lisson and held the g ...

Cavendish Avenue

Cavendish Avenue is a street in Saint Johns wood, London. Cavendish Avenue runs North to South from the London road in Wellington and parallel to the road in Wellington to the West. At its southern end lie the Foundation of cricket Lords. The num ...

Hamilton Terrace

Hamilton terrace is a wide tree-lined residential street in St Johns wood, London. It runs North to South from Carlton hill in St Johns wood road, and parallel with Maida Vale in the West. The street was named in honor of Charles Hamilton, Govern ...

St Johns Wood Road Baptist Church

St forest road Baptist Church Johns Church of Evangelical Christians-Baptists in St Johns wood, London. The Church is located between the cricket Lords and Maida Vale.

St. Johns Wood Church Grounds

St the base of the wooden Church of John the abandoned cemetery, which is now a public Park in St Johns wood in London. This site is about the importance of the town for nature conservation, grade 1, and only local nature reserve in Westminster. ...

The Star, St Johns Wood

The star pub 38 St wood Johns terrace, St Johns wood, in the city of Westminster, London. The pub was renamed the drunk Breakfast opening in may 2017. It was a pub for 200 years before closing in March 2015. Next month, Westminster city Council l ...

List of mayors of St Pancras

This is a list of mayors of the Metropolitan area of St Pancras, London from 1900 to 1965. After 1965, the Metropolitan borough became part of the London borough of Camden. 1944-45 Alderman J. H. Mitchell. 1954-55 Advisor Arthur Bryant M. A. I. B ...

St Pancras Workhouse

Hospital St Pancras is part of the Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust, St Pancras / Somers town area of Central London, near Camden town. Specializiruetsya hospital in geriatrics and psychiatry.

St Pancras Old Church

St Pancras Old Church-a Church of England parish Church in Somers town, Central London. It is dedicated to the Roman Martyr Saint Pancras, and is considered by many to be one of the oldest places of Christian worship in England. The Church is sit ...

Arbour Square

Square gazebo at the end of the Georgian square in Stepney, in the borough of tower Hamlets in East London, England. It is located near the commercial road A13 is approximately one mile 1.6 km to the East of the city of London. Currently, the squ ...

St Dunstans, Stepney

St Dunstans, Stepney Anglican Church, which stands on the site which was used for Christian worship for over a thousand years. It is located in Stepney high street, Stepney, London borough of tower Hamlets.

Stoke Newington Church Street

Stoke Newington Church Street-the road in the North London district of Hackney. The road links green lanes in the West to Stoke Newington high Street, in the East. Stoke Newington is in one of the villages swallowed by the growth of London in the ...

Streatham Common

Streatham Common is a large open space on the southern edge of London in the London borough of Lambeth. In a shallow sloping bottom half is mostly mowed grass and the upper half is mainly forest with small areas of gorse scrub and acid grassland. ...

Tooting Commons

Communities consist of Tooting two adjacent areas of common land lying between Balham, Streatham and Tooting, in South West London: Tooting BEC common and Tooting Graveney common. Since 1996, they were fully in the London borough of Wandsworth, w ...

Canada Water bus station

Canada water bus station is Surrey quays area in the London borough of Southwark, London, England. The station is owned and maintained by transport for London. The bus station was opened in 1999, simultaneously with the jubilee extension range in ...

Mayow Park

Mayow Park, formerly known as Sydenham recreation, urban Park in the London borough of Lewisham. Located on Mayow road in sydenham, South East London, is the oldest areas of the Park and the second oldest public open spaces after Blackheath. The ...

Sydenham Wells Park

Wells Park Sydenham located in sydenham, South East London. It includes parks and fields. The Park belongs to the London borough of Lewisham and supported by Glendale. Wells Park is named after medicinal springs which were found in sydenham in th ...

History of Thornton Heath

The London suburb of Thornton Heath sits at the foot of the southern slopes of the hills Norwood in the glacial valley which was formed during the last ice age. The river Graveney, a tributary of the river Wandle, is a remnant of the original wat ...

St Benedicts Hospital

The hospital was based in an abandoned Roman Catholic building College as the Tooting home for the aged and infirm in 1897. During the First world war he served as a military hospital, Church lane and after Wat he was home for soldiers suffering ...

Bruce Grove

Bruce grove is a ward in Tottenham, enclosed Lordship recreation ground, Lordship lane, Philip lane and the high road. The population of the parish in the 2011 census was 14.483. Near Bruce castle was named after Robert the Bruce. When Robert bec ...

Tottenham High Road

Tottenham high road is the main thoroughfare through the district of Tottenham, in the London borough of Haringey. It runs from Edmonton in North London to the South. It should, throughout its length, the time of the former Roman road, ermine str ...

OFB (group)

OFB, which is also known as the village boys, British drill group based in Broadwater farm, Tottenham, North London. OFB is one of the most famous bands in the UK drill.

Totteridge

Totteridge old English village, in a residential area in the London borough of Barnet, England. It is a mixture of suburban development and open land situated 8.20 miles North North-West of Charing Cross. It is part of the grinding the state of t ...

Darlands Lake Nature Reserve

Reserve Darlands lake nature reserve South of Totteridge village in Barnet, England. It belongs to the London borough of Barnet and was managed from 1971 by the Hertfordshire and middlesex wildlife trust, and more recently to the city Council. In ...

Poynters Grove

Street Grove, sometimes called the pointers, Grove street, or hall, was the house that once existed in Totteridge, North London. The house originally was owned by sir Richard gurney, the royalist in the English Civil war and Lord mayor of London, ...

Totteridge Common

Totteridge common is 3.7 hectares of the importance of the town for nature conservation, grade II, in Totteridge in the London borough of Barnet. The reserve is located on the southern edge of the road Totteridge common, Totteridge between Park a ...

Totteridge Green

Totteridge green is a five hectare site of borough importance for nature conservation, grade II, in Totteridge in the London borough of Barnet. It is also registered common land. Reserve the land on both sides of the road, Totteridge green. Typic ...

Hillingdon Civic Centre

Community centre Hillingdon is the headquarters of the London borough of Hillingdon, located in uxbridge. It was designed by Andrew Derbyshire and is one of the most famous buildings in the British Neo-folk style. It was planned since the 1970s, ...

1 Palace Street

Street 1 Palace is 302.377 sq m development on Palace street in Victoria, London, opposite Buckingham Palace. Financial group ADFG Abu Dhabi bought the site for $ 310 million in 2013 and it is developed by Northacre, which is 70% owned ADFG. When ...

Green Line Coach Station

Green coach station, line bus station in London, England, situated in Bulleid way, Victoria. The station offers local bus transportation in various areas to the North and West of London on the green coaches and other lines, and the tourist buses ...

Walthamstow bus station

The bus station serves the Walthamstow Waltham forest, London, England. The station is owned and maintained by transport for London. From the station you can exit Selborne road and high street, as well as two metro stations.

Higham Lodge

Heim or Heim Lodge hill Lodge was the home in Walthamstow, built in the late 17th century. It was extended by William Dillwyn street after he occupied the building. Dillwyn street married to Susan Weston, who inherited a high hill near his father ...

Kelmscott School

Kelmscott school is a secondary comprehensive school in Walthamstow, East London, UK. The school is about 900 pupils aged 11-16 years. In 2008, the school was £11.2 m renovation under the building schools for the future programme. The current Dir ...

Willowfield School

Six Willowfield school application, a mixed secondary school in Walthamstow, East London with 840 students on roll. He admits to year 7 in the year 180 girls and boys. The current Director Clive great, who succeeded John Hemingway in April of 201 ...

Raines House

Raines house, sometimes called the Rhine house is a grade II* listed building on the street Rhine, Wapping, London E1. This listing recognises the buildings special architectural or historic interest.

Wapping Wall

Wapping wall is a street located in the East end of London in Wapping. It runs parallel to the Northern Bank of the river Thames, with many converted warehouses overlooking the river. On this street is the Wapping hydraulic power station, built i ...

Abbey Road DLR station

Abby road DLR station is a DLR station in West ham in the London borough of Newham in East London, England. It is located at the international extension Stratford from DLR.

Kensington Row

Kensington a number of 2 billion pounds development in West Kensington, London Q14. Its near Warwick road, South of Kensington high street. Kensington row is being built by St Edward, part of the Berkeley group. The complex consists of 160 apartm ...

Warwick Road, Earls Court

Warwick road is located in the Earls Court area of Kensington and Chelsea in London. The road started to be laid around 1822 and gradually spread South to old Brompton road within a few decades. This is the main route North-South traffic in West ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation