★ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 97

Wellington, British Columbia

Wellington is the name of a north Nanaimo, British Columbia neighbourhood, which was once the town of Wellington. The community was named for Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington. After the merger with nanaimo, Wellington district is often re ...

Wells, British Columbia

Wells is a small mining and tourist town in the Cariboo District of central British Columbia, located on BC Highway 26, 74 km from Quesnel and 8 km before the highways terminus at Barkerville. It gains much of its revenue and jobs from tourists w ...

Isabella, Manitoba

Isabella is a settlement in the Rural Municipality of Miniota, Manitoba. People first began to settle in the Isabella district in the late 1870s. People came to Isabella by various means: foot, ox-cart or horse and wagons. A post office was estab ...

Lauder, Manitoba

Lauder is a small community in the Rural Municipality of Cameron in Manitoba, Canada. The community is located at the junction of Highway 254 and Highway 345, approximately 100 km south-west of Brandon, Manitoba only 22 km south-west of the Town ...

Port Nelson, Manitoba

Port Nelson is on Hudson Bay, in Manitoba, Canada, at the mouth of the Nelson River. Its peak population in the early 20th century was about 1.000 people but today it is a ghost town. Immediately to the southsoutheast is the mouth of the Hayes Ri ...

Sundance, Manitoba

Sundance was a community near the Nelson River in Northern Manitoba that was constructed starting in 1975 to house the workers of the Limestone Dam project, who were employees of Manitoba Hydro, GE and other companies. Sundance was shut down from ...

Coppett, Newfoundland and Labrador

Coppett was a small town located on the south coast of Newfoundland and Labrador north-east of Ramea. The first record of the community was in the 1857 census. Coppett grew steadily until the 1930s and at its peak had a school and two lobster fac ...

Fair Island, Newfoundland and Labrador

Fair Island, also called Vere Island, is one of the communities that comprise an area on the northeast coast of the Island of Newfoundland, called Bonavista North. These communities have a shared history in that they were settled by people from E ...

Goblin, Newfoundland and Labrador

Goblin was a small town located at the mouth of Bay DEspoir on the south coast of Newfoundland and Labrador. The origin of the name is unknown but it may come from the rugged and mysterious terrain of the area or a nearby rock feature that resemb ...

Haystack, Newfoundland and Labrador

Haystack was a former fishing settlement located on the northern portion of Long Island, Placentia Bay of the island of Newfoundland in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. It was resettled during the resettlement program of the 195 ...

Oderin Island (Newfoundland and Labrador)

Oderin Island is an island in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador in western Placentia Bay, located about 30 km northeast of Marystown. Oderin was originally settled by the French who considered it an important fishing post and had fortifie ...

Pinchards Island, Newfoundland and Labrador

Pinchards Island is one of the communities that comprise an area on the northeast coast of the Island of Newfoundland, called Bonavista North. These communities have a shared history in that they were settled by people from England, predominantly ...

Quarry, Newfoundland and Labrador

Quarry is an abandoned railway community that was located in the Gaff Topsails area of the province of Newfoundland, Canada. The community lies just north of Buchans and takes its name from the quarry established in the 1890s when the Newfoundlan ...

Safe Harbour, Newfoundland and Labrador

Safe Harbour is an abandoned outport on the northeast coast of Newfoundland in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Settled by 1870, it was abandoned in 1955.

Broughton, Nova Scotia

Broughton was a former town in the Cape Breton Regional Municipality about 19 kilometers from the city of Sydney, Nova Scotia. It was going to be one of Canadas first planned towns, designed to eventually accommodate 10.000 residents. In reality, ...

Cap-Rouge, Nova Scotia

Cap-Rouge was an Acadian village of some 30 families situated on Cape Breton Island, north of Cheticamp, in Nova Scotia, named for the nearby cape of the same name. The Cap Rouge region followed the western coast of Cape Breton Island, extending ...

Eatonville, Nova Scotia

Eatonville is a former lumber and shipbuilding village in Cumberland County, Nova Scotia. It includes a large tidal harbour at the mouth of the Eatonville Brook beside several dramatic sea stacks known as the "Three Sisters". It was founded in 18 ...

Mount Hanley

Mount Hanley is a Canadian rural community in Annapolis County, Nova Scotia. It is the birthplace of the mariner Joshua Slocum and of Clara Belle Marshall, the first woman to graduate from Acadia University in 1879.

New France, Digby County, Nova Scotia

New France is the site of a settlement located in Digby County in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia. It was founded in 1892 by the Stehelin family of France and abandoned following the First World War. February 3, 2010, the Department of natur ...

New Yarmouth

New Yarmouth is an abandoned farming and forestry community which is now part of the Cape Chignecto Provincial Park in Cumberland County, Nova Scotia near the village of Advocate.

Roxbury, Nova Scotia

Legend has it that about sixty of the Acadian settlers took flight up the river and hid on the South Mountain to escape the Expulsion. Their allies, the Mi’kmaq, raced on canoe from Grand-Pre, Nova Scotia to warn them what was coming in 1755. In ...

Balaclava, Grey County, Ontario

Balaclava is a community in the municipality of Meaford in Grey County, Ontario, Canada. It is about 17 kilometres northwest of the centre of Meaford and 18 kilometres northeast of the city of Owen Sound, about 2.5 kilometres inland of Owen Sound ...

Balaclava, Renfrew County, Ontario

Balaclava is a dispersed rural community in the township municipality of Bonnechere Valley, Renfrew County, in Eastern Ontario, Canada. It is on the former Ontario Highway 513 just off Ontario Highway 132 north of the community of Dacre, and at t ...

Byng Inlet, Ontario

Byng Inlet is a ghost town and community in Unorganized Centre Parry Sound District, Ontario, Canada. For a period in the nineteenth century it was home to one of the largest sawmill operations in Canada. The name of the town came from that of th ...

Coopers Falls, Ontario

Coopers Falls is a Dispersed rural community and unincorporated place in geographic Rama Township in the municipality of Ramara, Simcoe County, in Central Ontario, Canada. The community is located at the eponymous Coopers Falls waterfall on the B ...

Dawn Mills, Ontario

Dawn Mills is a small, unincorporated community in southwestern Ontario, Canada, part of the municipality of Chatham-Kent. It is in the north-central portion of the municipality, located a short distance from the town of Dresden. In 1837, William ...

Foymount, Ontario

Foymount is a community situated in the township of Bonnechere Valley, Ontario, Canada, located on the 512 and Opeongo Road in Renfrew County, west of Eganville. Foymount is approximately 125 kilometres due west of Ottawa. Foymount falsely claims ...

Happy Valley, Greater Sudbury, Ontario

Happy Valley is a ghost town in the city of Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. The community was first inhabited in 1906 by workers from the nearby mine at Garson. Not wanting to live in a state of dependency in the company town, they built this s ...

Herrons Mills, Ontario

Herrons Mills, originally known as Gillies Mills, is a ghost town in the municipality of Lanark Highlands, Lanark County in Eastern Ontario, Canada, near the community of Lanark. It is located on highway 511 between Perth and Calabogie, Ontario. ...

Indiana, Ontario

Indiana is an old village site - a ghost town - now within the precincts of the Ruthven Park National Historic Site, 1 km north of Cayuga, in Haldimand County, Ontario, Canada. The site was also referred to as "Deans" as late as 1940-1951, when i ...

Jackfish, Ontario

Jackfish is a ghost town in northern Ontario, Canada, located on the north shore of Lake Superior east of Terrace Bay. The last spike on the Canadian Pacific railway CPR track between Montreal and Winnipeg was driven in West of Jackfish on may 16 ...

Leeblain

Leeblain is a ghost town in the Canadian province of Ontario, located on the north shore of Gunflint Lake in the Thunder Bay District. Part of the ghost town is located within La Verendrye Provincial Park and is adjacent to the well known Boundar ...

Lost Channel, Parry Sound District, Ontario

Lauder, Spears and Howland of Toronto began producing lumber under contract to the Schroeder Mills & Timber Co., of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In the spring of 1917, they built a large sawmill on Kawigamog Lake, a widening of the Pickerel River. The f ...

Maguire, Ontario

Maguire, Ontario was a small agricultural supply based community which formerly stood at what is today the intersection of Adare Drive and Maguire Road, in the municipality of North Middlesex, Ontario Canada, in former McGillivray Township.

Pakesley, Ontario

Pakesley is a ghost town in the Parry Sound District of Ontario, located on the Bolton to Sudbury line of the Canadian Pacific Railway in Mowat Township. It is named for the Pakeskag River, that drains the local area north to the Pickerel River. ...

Reesor, Ontario

Reesor is a ghost town located in Cochrane District, Ontario, Canada, along Highway 11, named after its founder, Thomas Reesor.

Silver Islet

Silver Islet refers to both a small rocky island and a small community located at the tip of the Sibley Peninsula in northwestern Ontario, Canada. A rich vein of pure silver was discovered on this small island in 1868 by the Montreal mining compa ...

Vroomanton

Vroomanton, Ontario is a ghost town located just north-west of Sunderland, Ontario in Brock Township, Ontario. In the farming town was founded by Colonel James Vrooman, who was given free land here in 1820 for his heroic service during the war of ...

Ardill, Saskatchewan

Ardill is a hamlet in Lake Johnston Rural Municipality No. 102, Saskatchewan, Canada. Listed as a designated place by Statistics Canada, the hamlet had a listed population of 0 in the Canada 2006 Census. All that remains now is a bar, which was i ...

Armley, Saskatchewan

Armley is an unincorporated community in Connaught Rural Municipality No. 457, Saskatchewan, Canada. Approximately halfway between Tisdale and Nipawin, northwest of the intersection of Highway 35 and Highway 335. Armley was the site of the Humbol ...

Baljennie, Saskatchewan

Baljennie was named by an early resident, Stephen Sandy Warden, after his daughter Jean, and was originally spelt Baljeanie. Warden, a former officer of the North-West Mounted Police, had established a ranch in the area in the early 1880s, which ...

Bateman, Saskatchewan

Bateman is an organized hamlet in the southwest region of Saskatchewan, Canada, 26 km north of the Red Coat Trail. It was named after Jim Bateman, the first settler to come to the area with his family in 1908. Bateman was once a prosperous commun ...

Beaufield, Saskatchewan

Beaufield, previously known as Ednaburg, is an unincorporated community in Oakdale Rural Municipality No. 320, Saskatchewan, Canada. Located at Section 18, Township 32, Range 22, West of the 3rd Meridian. It had its first post office named Ednabu ...

Bryant, Saskatchewan

Bryant is an unincorporated community in Benson Rural Municipality No. 35, Saskatchewan, Canada. The community is located on Highway 702, approximately 20 km west of Lampman and 20 km north of Estevan. Bryant gets its name from Quaker poet, journ ...

Cantuar, Saskatchewan

Cantuar is an unincorporated community in Swift Current Rural Municipality, Saskatchewan, Canada. The site is still used as a freight station by the Great Sandhills Railway. The community is located approximately 23 km northwest of the City of Sw ...

Cardross, Saskatchewan

Cardross, originally named Grace, is an unincorporated hamlet in Terrell Rural Municipality No. 101, Saskatchewan, Canada. The hamlet is located approximately 45 km north-east of Assiniboia on Township road 102 & Range road 274. The post office w ...

Chandler, Saskatchewan

Chandler is a ghost town in Cymri Rural Municipality, Saskatchewan, Canada. The site was on the Canadian Northern Railway line from Lampman to Radville. The site only had a train station that served the town of Midale two miles to the north by ho ...

Chipperfield, Saskatchewan

Chipperfield is a hamlet in Monet Rural Municipality No. 257, Saskatchewan, Canada. The hamlet is located at the junction of Highway 752 and Range road 170 approximately 50 km south-west of the Town of Rosetown, Saskatchewan, only 170 km south-we ...

Court, Saskatchewan

Court is an unincorporated hamlet in Antelope Park Rural Municipality No. 322, Saskatchewan, Canada. The hamlet is approximately 50 km west of the Town of Kerrobert at the intersection of Highway 51 and Range road 282. The Canadian Pacific Railwa ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →