★ United States national rugby sevens team
The United States national rugby sevens team competes in international rugby sevens competitions. The main competition they play every year is the World Rugby Sevens Series, a series of ten tournaments played around the globe that includes the USA Sevens tournament in Las Vegas every spring. The team also participates in major tournaments every four years, such as the Summer Olympics, the Rugby World Cup Sevens, and the Pan American Games. The national sevens team is organized by USA Rugby, and the team has been led by Head Coach Mike Friday since 2014.
The eagles were the main team in the World series and finished in the top twelve each season since 2008-09. The eagles best season to date in a series of sevens already in 2018-19, where they finished second. The best result in one sevens tournament was the victory in the 2018 USA sevens and 2015 in the London sevens. In 2018 the eagles won their first tournament in the USA sevens at the Sam Boyd stadium in Las Vegas. Success in the quadrennial event include winning the bronze medal in the 2011 and 2015 pan American games, and winning in 2015 NACRA sevens to be part of the Olympic games in 2016.
The U.S. has traditionally used the sevens team to prepare the players in the XV-side. Since January 2012, in connection with the increased attention to rugbys return to the Olympics in 2016, the national sevens have already turned professional, with the team extending paid full-time contracts to its core players. Team seven has produced a number of crossover athletes from football and track, the most famous examples of Perry Baker and Carlin Isles. In the United States also sometimes field development team, the Falcons of the United States, in several tournaments.
1.1. World Rugby Sevens Series. Early years 1999–2011. (Ранние годы 1999-2011)
World Rugby sevens series, which is played every year from October to may is the main event in which team USA sevens plays. The US has already played in the World series every year since the events of the first season of 1999-2000. Team USA had some success in the early years of the tournament led by Jovesa Naivalu, who held the record for most attempts scored to broken Zack test. However, team USA struggled in five seasons 2002-03 through 2006-07.
The 2007/08 season was a turning point for the US team, qualification 6 of the 8 series tournaments, and notching a notable win over Samoa on the way to placing sixth at the 2007 South Africa sevens. The team was led by Chris wyles who scored 26 tries on the season and top try scorer at the 2008 USA sevens with 8 tries. The IRB rewarded the eagles success by promoting the US to "core" team status for the 2008-09 season, which means that we automatically plays in all 8 tournaments, bypassing the qualifying rounds.
The 2008-09 season was a breakthrough season for us, finishing 11th season. In the middle of the season was the home tournament, the 2009 USA sevens. Nes Malifas 30 points in that tournament helped the us Notch wins against Australia and Kenya to reach the semi-finals, their best result on home soil.
The 2009-10 season saw continued improvement, with the team finishing the season in 10th place. Led by Matt Hawkins and Nese Malifa, the team finished ninth to win the bowl in the 2010 USA sevens. Then we advanced to their first Cup final in 2010 Adelaide sevens, scoring upset wins against England, Wales and Argentina.
The team took a small step back in the 2010-11 season with a 12th place. A number of key players were unavailable for most or the entire season, including the previous seasons leading try scorer Nick Edwards and leading point scorer Nese Malifa. In addition, the number of competing teams had moved to professional status, leaving the mostly Amateur US team trying to keep up.
1.2. World Rugby Sevens Series. Professional era begins 2011–2014. (Профессиональная эра начинается 2011-2014)
In the 2011-12 season saw significant changes for the American team turned professional in January 2012, with contracts for up to 15 players. Change of professional status will not bring immediate improvement. Head coach al Caravelli resigned, and Alex Magleby was selected as the new head coach. The US finished the 2011-12 season in 11th, a slight improvement compared to the previous season, even if the team did not reach the quarterfinals of any of the 9 tournaments. Bright spots for the season included the emerging leadership of Shalom Suniula captain, test team leading 21 Zach and Colin Hawley.
Series 2012-13 saw a slightly different format, with the top 15 teams instead of 12, but with the possibility of relegation for teams that finished in the top three. USA got off to a slow start, took the last place among the 15 core teams after the first two legs. The United States saw an improvement, however, reaching the quarterfinals in five of the last seven tournaments and finishing in the top 6 in the last three tournaments. In the United States finished fifth to win the plate final at the 2013 Japan sevens, the United States first won a plate since 2001, and it follows that feat by again finishing fifth to win the plate final in 2013 Scotland sevens, with Nick Edwards leading try scorer of the tournament with 8 tries. USA finished the season in 11th place, and two players among the season top try scorers: 20 Nick Edwards and Zack test 18. Coach Alex Magleby has resigned after the season.
The U.S. team fared poorly during the series 2013-14 under the guidance of new coach Matt Hawkins, finishing the season in 13th place. Once again, Zack test led the team with 23 and 119 points for the season, other leading scorers included Carlin Isles from 17 attempts, including six in the 2014 Wellington sevens, and freshman Madison Hughes with 34 goals. Hawkins was blamed for the Exodus of several experienced players such as Colin Hawley, Shalom Suniula, and encouraged to retire at the end of the season.
1.3. World Rugby Sevens Series. Top 6 finishes 2014–present. (Топ-6 заканчивается 2014–по настоящее время)
USA had its best season ever in the 2014-15 series is under the direction of head coach Mike Friday, which was adopted in the summer of 2014. The USA took sixth place in the series, his best finish to date. The team finished the season by winning the 2015 London sevens after winning over Australia in the Cup final, USA first won the World series. Carlin Isles set a record in the U.S. with 32 attempts during the season and Madison Hughes set a record 296 points.
In the United States began a series 2015-16 with "shocking the world" when he won in New Zealand for the first time in 2015 the Dubai sevens. The team defeated 12-time world series champion in pool play and again in the tournament for the third place match up the third victory in as many matches in South Africa 2015 semi-final of the sevens plate. The United States once again finished the season in sixth, tying his best finish. In the previous season scoring record was again broken, as Perry Baker gear 48 tries and Madison Hughes scored 331 points.
The United States became the World series by 2016-17 slowly, sitting on the 11th place after the first three rounds. USA are missing some key players the previous season. USA turned it around in the middle of the season. In the second half of the season, the first time the team has reached four consecutive semi-finals: first in the USA sevens, where the United States finished third, and then in Canada sevens where Perry Baker scored 9 tries, including his 100th career try, followed by Hong Kong and Singapore. USA finished the season in fifth place in the overall standings, a record for the team. Perry Baker seasons leading try scorer with 57 and points scorer 285 Series, while Madison Hughes took third place at 279 points. Perry Baker, Danny Barrett and was selected to the team 2016-17 dream, and Baker was selected as the player of the world Rugby in 2017.
In the 2017-18 season began badly for the United States in the first tournament in Dubai, Baker suffered a concussion of the brain, and the rest of the team limped to last place finish. The United States has improved since, reaching the semi-finals of the Australian sevens. The team then won the 2018 sevens USA won their first home tournament, which largely Perry Baker, who led all scorers with 8 attempts, Baker, and forwards Ben Pinkelman, and Danny Barrett all made the tournament dream team. Overall, the team showed not the most convincing, reaching the semi-finals of the Cup theee times, but also failed to advance to the quarterfinals of the Cup three times. Despite the instability, the US finished sixth overall.
The United States came to a strong start in 2018-19. The team reached the final in Dubai, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, the United States first reached four consecutive finals and was the first joint took in the overall standings after the first four legs. In the fifth leg, the United States won after beating Samoa 27-0. It was the second in the USA live USA sevens win that gives them sole possession of first place in the World series sevens. The United States remains in first place in several tournaments, but consecutive losses in the semi-finals in Fiji in the last two tournaments in London and Paris meant that Fiji won the series with the USA finishing in second place. United States as a whole had its best season ever - second place ahead of the previous record in the fifth. In addition, having the right to five consecutive finals tournament, and the semi-finals in all ten tournaments was an American record. Carlin Isles scored 52 tries, takes the first place in the overall standings among all players.
1.4. World Rugby Sevens Series. Season by season. (Сезон за сезоном)
* – Early in the season 2016-17, plate and shield awards were abandoned, with a bowl to replace the challenge trophy. Perry Baker to lead in the attempt, and generally indicates the 2016-17 World series Rugby.
1.5. World Rugby Sevens Series. Player statistics 2018–19. (Статистика игрока 2018-19)
The following table shows the leading players in the US at the end of the 2018-19 season seven of the series. Carlin Isles led all players in the series with 52 and 48 clean breaks. Madison Hughes took second place in the series with 299 points. Ben Pinkelman finished third with 191 carries. Stephen Tomasina took fifth place with 101 tackles.
Source: website the world of Rugby.
2. Current team. (Нынешняя команда)
Pool American professional Rugby players train year round as a team at the Olympic training center in San Diego. Twelve of the players selected registers of the tournament usually get from this training squad. For special tournaments, but the US sometimes draws from American players who play Rugby professionally abroad.
USA Rugby and the U.S. Olympic Committee made funds from January 2012 to provide full wage contracts for players. Until 2011, the players were part-time semi-professional players are paid a stipend for their participation. CEO of USA Rugby Nigel Melville stated that a full-time sevens team is an important step in USA Rugby prepares for rugbys return to the Olympics in 2016.
An article in the Guardian in 2014, said that the inclusion of sevens at the Olympics were greatly expanded, that financing of sports, and a large pool of American players who are unable to earn professional contracts in the NFL there were a lot of athletes who had skills and strengths that you can pass in Rugby.
2.1. Current team. Squad. (Отряд)
The table below shows the list of US gathered at the last tournament. Statistics of previous events and attempts to access the statistics generated in the tournaments of the World series Rugby.
The following players are regular members of the squad within the last 12 months were not included in the current composition:
- The United States women s national rugby sevens team is one of the core teams that competes in all rounds of the IRB Women s Sevens World Series. The
- The United States national rugby sevens team had its best season to date in the Sevens World Series during the 2014 15 season under head coach Mike Friday
- 2017 18 United States national rugby sevens team season included both the 2017 18 World Rugby Sevens Series and the 2018 Rugby World Cup Sevens The season
- The United States national rugby sevens team season began the 2015 16 World Rugby Sevens Series by shocking the world when it defeated New Zealand for
- The United States national rugby sevens team got off to a strong start in the 2018 19 World Rugby Sevens Series. The team reached the finals in Dubai
- women s rugby union team nicknamed the Eagles United States national rugby sevens team United States women s national rugby sevens team Rugby league
- The United States national rugby sevens team began the 2016 - 17 World Rugby Sevens Series slowly, sitting in 11th place after the first three rounds. The
- The USA Women s National Team XVs is the senior national team for the United States in the 15 - a - side version of rugby The team was officially formed
- The United States men s national rugby union team nicknamed the Eagles, is controlled by USA Rugby USA Rugby is a member of Rugby Americas North, one
- women s national rugby union team United States national rugby sevens team United States women s national rugby sevens team United States men s national soccer
- The Russia national rugby sevens team competes in the World Rugby Sevens Series and the Rugby World Cup Sevens Russia has competed at the 2001, 2005
- Rugby World Cup in 1991. The women s national sevens team is one of the core teams in the World Rugby Women s Sevens Series, which has included a tournament
- The Japan national rugby sevens team participates in competitions such as the World Rugby Sevens Series and the Rugby World Cup Sevens Japan won the Plate
- The Chile national rugby sevens team is a minor national sevens side. In the 2008 USA Sevens they lost to Australia 24 - 14 in the Shield finals. Squad at
- The United States national rugby league team represents the United States in international rugby league football competitions. The team is managed by
- The Brazil national rugby sevens team competes at international level. Rugby sevens has grown in Brazil among rugby players. The country has competitive
- The Samoa national rugby sevens team referred to as the Samoa Sevens or Manu Samoa 7s, competes in the annual World Rugby Sevens Series. Representing
- Spain s national rugby sevens team is one of 15 core teams participating in all ten tournaments of the World Rugby Sevens Series, having qualified by
- The New Zealand national rugby sevens team competes in the World Rugby Sevens Series, Rugby World Cup Sevens Summer Olympic Games and the Commonwealth
- South Africa women s national rugby sevens team competes at events within the World Rugby Women s Sevens Series and was a core team for 2014 15 season.
- The Tonga national rugby sevens team competes in the IRB World Sevens Series. Tonga has participated in five Rugby World Cup Sevens Tonga s first appearance
- Argentine rugby sevens team has had some success in the World Rugby Sevens Series, finishing third in 2003 - 04, and finishing among the top six teams in five
- Taipei national rugby sevens team is a minor national sevens side. They have competed in the Hong Kong Sevens since the 1980s. In 1989, veteran rugby commentator
- The Ireland national rugby sevens team competes annually in European competition. Ireland participates in the Rugby Europe Sevens Grand Prix Series, having
- The Fiji national rugby sevens team is one of the most successful rugby sevens teams in the world.Fiji has won the World Rugby Sevens Series four times
- American rugby union player who is the captain of the United States national rugby sevens team Hughes was named captain of the United States national team at
- entered selected World Rugby Sevens Series tournaments as an invited team The team has been invited to the New Zealand Sevens in 2000, 2001, 2007, 2008
- The Great Britain national rugby sevens team is the women s Olympic representative team of Great Britain at the rugby sevens tournament at the Summer Olympic
- The Great Britain national rugby sevens team is the men s Olympic representative team of Great Britain at the rugby sevens tournament at the Summer Olympic
- Rugby sevens commonly known as simply sevens and originally known as seven - a - side rugby is a variant of rugby union in which teams are made up of seven
Users also searched:
sevens, rugby, national, States, team, United, United States national rugby sevens team, united states national rugby sevens team,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →