★ Rugby Quebec
Rugby Quebec is the popular name of the Federation de Rugby du Quebec which is the provincial governing body for the sport of rugby union in the Canadian province of Quebec. The Federation de Rugby du Quebec is affiliated with the Canadian Rugby Union.
Rugby Federation-de-Du-Quebec origins are difficult to trace for two reasons. Firstly, Rugby Union in Canada converged with and then separated from the game of canadian football, often with Rugby unions, representing both games, thus making an accurate history difficult to establish. Second, Federation de Rugby Quebec do not put great emphasis on maintaining detailed historical records. This has led to gaps in their administrative and competition history, and lost information can never be known.
The Westmount Rugby club is rooted in 1876 or 1878, and some organized Rugby was played in Quebec until now. In the 1920s and 1930s, many clubs switched to professional or semi-professional football. Despite this, several leagues were formed in 1950-ies, which were not associated with the Quebec Rugby. This changed in the later 1960s and the late 1970s, the Union officially changed its name to the Rugby Federation-de-Du-québec.
This element has many different levels and types of competition. There are two dominated the competition, which have a long historical record. The first is the League Cup Premier, which is annually awarded to the best Rugby team in the Cup. It was also known as the "Quebec Cup", senior Cup First division, Cup division, and informed the standard of life and the Cup can trace its origins to 1950-ies. The second-oldest tournament-the intermediate Cup, awarded to the best club team in the second stage of the Cup side. It was also known as the second division Cup, B Cup division and des oneill trophy.
1. Original clubs. (Оригинальные клубы)
As formed leagues in Montreal and the St. Lawrence river, Rugby and Cricket Association, the first cohort of modern clubs was founded.
- Montreal Irish Rugby Football Club - founded in 1957, this urban based team later moved out to its own grounds and clubhouse in the rural suburbs of Montreal. Once a powerhouse, with First Division championships in 1958, 1959, 1969 and 1982, and a Second Division title in 1982. The club has more recently returned to prominence winning the Premier Division Championship in 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2017 and 2018.
- Town of Mount Royal RFC - founded in 1955, members of this club would later found the Montreal Irish Rugby Football Club. Situated in TMR and owners of its own clubhouse, this club once was a league powerhouse.
- Montreal Wanderers RFC - founded in 1957 as an offshoot of Westmount Rugby Club, and now located in Verdun, this team was one of the premier teams in eastern Canada during the 1960s.
- Montreal Barbarians RFC - founded in 1953 and primarily located in the West Island of Montreal, this suburban club was Quebec champions in 1957, 1963 and 1964, was First Division champs in 1997 to 1999 and 2002 to 2006 and, finally, was Second Division champs in 1997 to 1999 and 2001 to 2006.
- Westmount Rugby Club - possibly the oldest rugby club in North America, this team, once known as the Montreal Rugby Football Club, merged the Montreal Amateur Athletic Association and later became the Montreal Scottish RFC. After some members left to form the Wanderers and Barbarians, the club settled down in Westmount, and during its glory years in the 1960s challenged for many titles.
2. First Expansion. (Первое Дополнение)
The Union began to expand in the 1970-ies and 1980-ies, with the first wave of new clubs. In addition, most of the 1970-ies of several Ottawa based Rugby teams regularly completed in the QRU, including the Ottawa Indians, Ottawa Irish, Ottawa beavers, Ottawa Scotland and deep river Blues. Of particular importance is the membership in the club De Rugby Park "Olympic" in the item, as it was the first primarily Francophone team in the Federation.
- Brome Lake Ducks RFC - formed in 1986 and the first team to be situated in the Eastern Townships, this young club survived many enjoyable but hard fought seasons to eventually become a two time championship team 2005 and 2006.
- St. Lambert Locks RFC - formed in 1984 this South Shore team won the Second Division title in 1984 and 1986, and has added Senior titles in 1995, 96 and 2000. Members of this club would form the Montreal Exiles.
- Club de rugby Parc olympique - formed in 1983 and originally situated at the training field at the Olympic Stadium, this highly competitive team won several titles. Its greatest significance was that it was the first francophone team in what was predominately an anglophone organization. The formation of this team marked a true turning point in the history of rugby in Quebec.
- Chateauguay River Rats RFC - this successful but short lived team played on the South Shore and won one Second Division title during its time in the 1980s.
- Montreal Grads RFC - originally the McGill Graduates, formed by grads of that university, this popular social side played at Trenholme Park in Notre Dame de Grace during the 1970s and 1980s, after which it disbanded, never winning a cup.
- Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue RFC - known commonly as "SABRFC", Ste-Anne-de-Bellvue RFC originated around 1964 as the McDonald College the agricultural school of McGill University team situated in Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue on the westernmost part of the island of Montreal. Officially changed to Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue RFC in 1981, they have been the dominate team in the FRQ, winning 16 Senior titles 81, 83, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 07, 08, 09, 12, 13 and 11 Intermediate titles 83, 86, 87, 89, 91, 92, 02, 09, 10, 11, 13. In 2013, SABRFCs three Senior Mens teams swept the FRQ Premiership, Reserves, and Division IV leagues.
- Beaconsfield RFC - formed in 1983 and playing in the West Island, this team took many of its talented players from the English language high schools of the area, and later progressed to the First Division. They won the 2nd Division championship in 1984 and 2007.
- Ormstown Saracens RFC - formed in 1972, this was the first rural based team in the union. They challenged for and won several championships during the 1970s and 1980s. The Ormstown Saracens Rugby Football Club wear red and navy blue.
3. Recent Expansion. (Недавнее Расширение)
This element has experienced significant growth in the last two decades, and added many new clubs, the more that Rugby currently is much more popular in French school boards.
- Chelsea RFC - founded in 2005.
- Sherbrooke Abenakis RFC - founded in 1998.
- Club de Rugby de Quebec - founded in 2001 as Club regional de Rugby de Quebec, merged with Le Celtique de Ste-Foy in 2005. Won 3rd Division in 2003.
- Les Braves de Trois-Rivieres - founded in 1993.
- Barracudas Rugby de St-Jean sur Richelieu.
- Montreal Exiles - founded in 2011.
- Beauport Logers - which merged later with CR Quebec.
- Club de rugby les Nomades Laval-Laurentides-Lanaudieres - founded in 1990, located in Laval.
- Le Mirage de Gatineau - part of L’association de Rugby Regionale de l’Outaouais.
- Rugby Club de Montreal - founded in 1995 and plays at Plateau Mont-Royal. They made it to the provincial final in 2004 and won the 1st division reserve and third finals in 2008 against SABRFC.
- Les Patriotes du Vieux-Montreal - founded 2005.
- XV de Montreal - founded in 2010.
Two teams, in the city of Chateauguay, Hammer and Hudson highlanders, played at the turn of the century, but folded.
4. Mens Quebec Champions. (Чемпионы Мужская Квебек)
- 1979 - Ottawa Irish RFC 2nd Division: Lynwood.
- 1966 - Ottawa Beavers RFC.
- 2019 – Town of Mount Royal RFC.
- 1961 - Town of Mount Royal RFC.
- 2007 - Ste Anne de Bellevue RFC.
- 1991 - Ste Anne de Bellevue RFC.
- 1978 - Montreal Wanderers RFC.
- 2011 - Montreal Irish Rugby Football Club.
- 1958 - Montreal Irish Rugby Football Club.
- 2010 - Montreal Irish Rugby Football Club.
- 1990 - Ste Anne de Bellevue RFC.
- 2014 - Montreal Irish Rugby Football Club.
- 1999 - Montreal Barbarians.
- 2006 - Montreal Barbarians.
- 2012 - Ste Anne de Bellevue RFC.
- 1986 - Ste Anne de Bellevue RFC.
- 1968 - Town of Mount Royal RFC 2nd Division: Deep River Blues RFC.
- 1998 - Montreal Barbarians.
- 1981 - Ste Anne de Bellevue RFC.
- 2018 - Montreal Irish Rugby Football Club.
- 2002 - Montreal Barbarians.
- 1967 - Montreal Irish Rugby Football Club.
- 2008 - Ste Anne de Bellevue RFC.
- 1957 - Montreal Barbarians.
- 1970 - Ottawa Beavers RFC.
- 2016 - Ste Anne de Bellevue RFC.
- 2001 - Montreal Barbarians.
- 1995 - Montreal Wanderers RFC.
- 1993 - Ste Anne de Bellevue RFC.
- 1984 - Town of Mount Royal RFC.
- 1976 - Ottawa Irish RFC.
- 1963 - Montreal Barbarians.
- 1973 - Montreal Irish Rugby Football Club.
- 1992 - Ste Anne de Bellevue RFC.
- 1975 - Ottawa Irish RFC.
- 1989 - Ste Anne de Bellevue RFC.
- 2009 - Ste Anne de Bellevue RFC.
- 2003 - Montreal Barbarians.
- 2004 - Montreal Barbarians.
- 1985 -.
- 1994 - Ste Anne de Bellevue RFC.
- 1983 - Ste Anne de Bellevue RFC.
- 2005 - Montreal Barbarians.
- 1974 - Ottawa Beavers RFC.
- 2013 - Ste Anne de Bellevue RFC.
- 1969 - Montreal Irish Rugby Football Club.
- 2000 - St-Lambert Locks.
- 1962 - Montreal Wanderers RFC.
- 1977 - Ottawa Beavers RFC.
- 2015 - Montreal Irish Rugby Football Club.
- 1964 - Montreal Barbarians.
- 1965 - Montreal Wanderers RFC.
- 1959 - Montreal Irish Rugby Football Club.
- 1971 - Montreal Wanderers RFC.
- 2017 - Montreal Irish Rugby Football Club.
- 1987 - Ste Anne de Bellevue RFC.
- 1982 - Montreal Irish Rugby Football Club.
- 1997 - Montreal Barbarians.
- 1988 - Ste Anne de Bellevue RFC.
- 1972 - Ottawa Beavers RFC.
- 1960 - Town of Mount Royal RFC.
- 1980 - Ottawa Irish RFC.
- 1996 - St-Lambert Locks.
- The Quebec Caribou were a rugby union club based in Montreal, Quebec Canada. Drawing players from rugby clubs throughout Quebec the Caribou competed
- The Westmount Rugby Football Club is a Canadian rugby club based in Westmount, Quebec Despite McGill University having a team in 1874, Westmount, which
- Brunswick Rugby Union Newfoundland Rugby Union Ontario Rugby Union PEI Rugby Union Rugby Alberta Rugby Manitoba Rugby Nova Scotia Rugby Quebec Saskatchewan
- The Montreal Wanderers Rugby Football Club is a rugby union club based in Montreal, Quebec Canada. It was founded in 1957, and is based on the grounds
- The Quebec Rugby Football Union QRFU was a football league consisting of teams from Quebec and formed in 1883. Eastern Ontario teams like Ottawa City
- home to the St. Lambert Locks RFC men s and women s rugby union teams, which belong to Rugby Quebec It is also represented by the Blue Machine swimming
- Quebec and Ontario, rugby union was weakened in its western and eastern strongholds, particularly the latter. Despite its battle for survival, rugby has
- Hamsteels Rugby Club was beaten 77 - 0 in a match at Quebec against Hartlepool Rovers, the West Hartlepool Mail s rugby correspondent described Quebec as an
- The great arts of Quebec emerged over the last few hundred years, resulting predominantly from the shared history of the French - speaking North American
- The Quebec University Football League was the Canadian football conference for Quebec universities who participate in CIS football until the completion
- Montreal West French: Montreal - Ouest is an on - island suburb in southwestern Quebec Canada on the Island of Montreal. Montreal West is a small, close - knit
- and Rugby Quebec winning the Senior Women s division. In 2006, the IRB started the North America 4 NA4 to help create a higher level of rugby in North
- station, in Pakistan Feature request Forak language Free - response question Frequency Frequency gene Rugby Quebec French: Federation de Rugby du Quebec
- football, and tennis. The Beaconsfield Rugby Football Club which is a member of the Federation de Rugby du Quebec FRQ The Beaconsfield library, with
- Hockey in Quebec List of ice hockey teams in Quebec Montreal Canadiens National Hockey League Quebec Remparts Minor Hockey League Rugby Quebec Major sporting
- the game is played on reduced size fields usually rugby or soccer fields Players from the Quebec Saints were drafted into two subsidiary teams, the
- intended to draw most of its players from the rugby unions of Canada s five Eastern provinces: Quebec New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island
- team based in Montreal, Quebec that played in the Quebec Rugby Football Union from 1883 to 1906 and in the Interprovincial Rugby Football Union from 1907
- School was a private English language senior school located in Montebello, Quebec Canada which offers coeducation programs grade seven to university entrance
- The Quebec Games French: Jeux du Quebec is a multi - sport event, held every two years in the Canadian province of Quebec alternating between the Quebec
- International Gay Rugby IGR formerly known as the International Gay Rugby Association and Board IGRAB is the umbrella organisation for the world s
- Westmount is an affluent suburb on the Island of Montreal, in southwestern Quebec Canada. It is an enclave of the city of Montreal, with a population of
- 1970 is a Canadian female rugby union player from Montreal, Quebec representing Canada at the 1994, 1998, and 2002 Women s Rugby World Cup. She played for
- the first recorded game of rugby in Canada took place in Montreal, Quebec amongst artillery men. It is most likely that rugby got its start in British Columbia
- Bianca Della Porta born 23 March 1991 in Dorval, Quebec is a Canadian ice hockey and rugby player who has played for professional teams in both sports
- language secondary school, in the Pierrefonds - Roxboro borough of Montreal, Quebec Canada. Founded in 1964, it was transferred to the Commission Scolaire
- Colleges Athletic Association Canadian Junior Football League Quebec Junior Football League Rugby Canada Canadian Football League Comparison of Canadian and
- football and rugby union is possible because of the games shared origins, despite their dissimilarities. In the event of a tackle in rugby the player may
- Montreal, Quebec Canada. They compete with other schools in Canadian Interuniversity Sport, and more specifically in Reseau du sport etudiant du Quebec RSEQ
- Rugby league football is a participation and spectator sport in Canada. The code was first introduced to Canada in the 20th century, but the game struggled
Users also searched:
Quebec, Rugby, Rugby Quebec, rugby quebec, rugby union governing bodies in canada. rugby quebec,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →