★ 1982 Kangaroo tour of Great Britain and France
The 1982 Kangaroo tour was the fifteenth Kangaroo tour where the Australian national rugby league team played a number of matches against British and French rugby league teams, in addition to the Test matches. The Australia national rugby league team have generally since 1908 barring wartime, toured Great Britain every four years often capping the tour with matches and Tests in France. This regular touring side are known as the Kangaroos.
In 1982 kangaroos, coached by Frank Stanton dominated, winning both test series against great Britain three and France two tests, winning every match of the tour and was nicknamed invincible. It was the first kangaroo tour loses, winning twenty-two games and scored 1.005 points with 120 against on average 45.6 points per game, conceding only 5.4 points per game. Twenty-eight players were captain max Krilich, with Wally Lewis his Deputy. The next kangaroo tour was staged in 1986.
1. Touring party. (Участник гастролей)
The team was coached hard and dedicated coach of the Balmain tigers Frank Stanton, who demanded great discipline and focus from his side and that made him the third round. Stantons first tour came as a player in 1963-64, although it was his second time in a row as a coach after coaching tour kangaroo 1978. Manly-Warringahs Max Krilich was doing his second tour kangaroo and was named captain and carried out their duties calmly and with great application. Queensland captain Wally Lewis was appointed Vice-captain round.
Interview of journalist / author Ian Whiticker in 2004, said Krilich talented team, "the players in this team were yet to reach its full potential. We were criticized as a weakness, but no one knew how great a player Wayne Pearce was going to be on the tour. Wally Lewis was still in his early 20s, and many of the Queenslanders were in the early stage of my career." He also talked about Stanton, which was his manly-Warringah club coach, when he won in 1976 and 1978 NSWRFL premierships, the second of which Krilich was the captain of the sea eagles: "Frank was a mentally tough coach who completely believed in what he told his players. Much of the credit for Stanton to downplay achievements and kept our heads straight."
While the pair did not enjoy an easy relationship, mainly due to Stanton not impressed with his attitude to training or habits on tour, which actually made him gain weight, Wally Lewis also found, respect for Stanton, he had not previously experienced after the test, his debut under him against France in 1981. After missing selection for the first test on the hull in favor of Parramattas 1982 the Premier League winning five eighth Brett Kenny, Stanton challenged Lewis to return to form and win his way back into the test team, he has made a choice on the bench for the second test in Wigan and the third test in Leeds. Later, Lewis admitted that in the beginning of the tour of his bad attitude does not sit well with Stanton, and that it led to his missing the first qualifying test. Although it was his first kangaroo tour, this was not the first tour in the UK and France for Lewis, who was a member of the 1977 Australian schoolboys Rugby tour of Japan, the UK and France, a team that included future dual Rugby International Michael oconnor and Ella brothers, mark, Gary and Glen, great tourist 1982 Steve Ella.
Six players from the winning NSWRL Premier 1982 PARRAMATTA eels were selected in the squad, a new record for tour kangaroo club six players playing at least one test of each round. Manly, the team they beat in the Cup Grand Final Winfield, also had six players selected. One manly player is not unhappy tour was their Queensland back rower Paul Vautin, who made his test debut against New Zealand and was one of the best close contact, in turn, in the Grand final. His choice was a shock to many, and began to talk, that he missed because neo vs QLD room selection policy, which prevailed at the time and that it was for neo player needs to be chosen with irony Vautin will be back in the test team for the first test against New Zealand in 1983. 1982 premiers Brisbane Wynnum manly and had two players selected gene miles and rod Morris, while the team they defeated in the final of the real magpies in the South was represented by Mal Meninga.
One notable absentee was the Western suburbs five-eighth Terry lamb, who represented NSW in state of origin game in 1981. The lamb was originally selected for the tour, but refused to do so due to his upcoming wedding with his fiancée Kim.
Managers tour was the administrator Newtown Frank Farrington and Queensland, Tom Drysdale. The journal is open to Rugby claim the Australians brought "a new dimension of excitement and adventure" to the game and former England player the great Alex Murphy, who called on everyone to check up on bi-Bi-si with ray French, was called "the people from another planet".
It was the first tour to kangaroo after the introduction in the state of origin and this has enabled Queensland to counter the new South Wales dominance in the selection of the representative account in the amount of eleven Queenslanders were selected tour. This was a significant increase in the representation of Queensland in 1978 kangaroo, when he was selected just three players. Two of those players, Kerry Boustead and rod Morris were also members of the 1982 kangaroos.
Despite the record number, the selection of only 11 Queenslanders in the 28 man touring team was controversial. QLD won the 1982 state of origin series, despite the relatively insufficiently prepared in connection with the NSWRFL clubs refusing to release their Queensland players for pre-production preparation. Among the representatives of Queensland origin selection miss man-Warringahs Paul Vautin and Chris close, who was the best player of the match in both games of origin in 1980 and 1981, Wynnum-manly defender Colin Scott and South Sydney behind Mitch Brennan.
Future kangaroo captain Mal Meninga, making the first of his record four consecutive kangaroo tours, was the leading point scorer on tour with 166 from 10 tries and 68 goals, including 48 points in three tests against great Britain 2 tries, 21 goals and 17 points in two tests against France 1 Try, 7 goals. John Ribot was the leading try scorer on tour with 25 from just 14 games, including to try in the 3rd test against great Britain. Ribot added 20 goals / points to join Meninga as the only players in the round to score more than 100 points.
1.1. Touring party. By club. (Клуб)
Touring side was represented by 17 New South Wales N and 11 Queenslanders V.
- Warwick Wattles 1: Rohan Hancock Q.
- Fortitude Valley Diehards 2: Wally Lewis vice-captain Q, Mark Murray Q.
- Eastern Suburbs Roosters 1: Ian Schubert N.
- Norths Devils 1: Greg Conescu Q.
- Canterbury Bulldogs 3: Greg Brentnall N, Chris Anderson N, Steve Mortimer N.
- St George Dragons 2: Rod Reddy Q, Craig Young N.
- Parramatta Eels 6: Brett Kenny N, Peter Sterling N, Steve Ella N, Eric Grothe N, Ray Price N, John Muggleton N.
- Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 6: Max Krilich captain N, Kerry Boustead Q, John Ribot Q, Les Boyd N, Paul McCabe Q, Ray Brown N.
- Balmain Tigers 1: Wayne Pearce N.
- Wynnum-Manly Seagulls 2: Gene Miles Q, Rod Morris Q.
- Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 1: Steve Rogers N.
- Souths Magpies 1: Mal Meninga Q.
- North Sydney Bears 1: Don McKinnon N.
2. Papua New Guinea and Western Australia. (Папуа Новая Гвинея и Западной Австралии)
Before flying to England, half the squad, led by kangaroos Vice-captain Wally Lewis, went to Perth to play Western Australia, while the other half, with coach Stanton went to Papua New Guinea on Australias first ever test match against Papua New Guinea Kumuls won 38-2 kangaroos. Nine players who went to PNG with Stanton will be able to play in the first test against great Britain. Winger John Ribot crossed for four tries even though he will be seen in the first two ashes tests in favour of Eric the grotto, while defender Greg Brentnall scored twice. Other try scorers for the kangaroos were Boustead, Kerry, Brett Kenny, Mal Meninga and Steve Rogers, while Meninga kicked 4 goals. Peter sterling, Brett Kenny, mark Murray and ray brown made his test debut in the match.
Persons missing from the 2nd test victory over New Zealand earlier this year at the Sydney cricket ground was Michael Cronin who did not go on tour, and Wally Lewis, Steve Mortimer, Les Boyd and rod Morris, who played in Perth on the same day. The Quartet, which played in Perth, only Boyd can play in the first test against great Britain.
In Perth, kangaroos crossed for 13 tries with Eric Grote bagging four and predictably defeated Washington 57-5.
3. Great Britain. (Великобритании)
In English controversy of the soil surfaced when an employee of the Australian test halves of the semi-annual test against New Zealand, Steve Mortimer and Wally Lewis both played in the game against WA in Perth, it was unclear not selected for the opening Match. Instead, Stanton decided to go with half of the test against Papua New Guinea, Parramattas Grand Final winning Duo Peter sterling and Brett Kenny. A pair of eels took to the field against hull Kingston Rovers and played with nine potential first test of the team set about locking their positions in the first test on October 30.
On the eve of the first test at the ground Boothferry Park in hull, kangaroo also played international match of the tour against Wales at Ninian Park, Cardiff on October 24. The match was played in heavy rain in front of the fans 5.617 and Australia captain Wally Lewis ran in nine tries to one in a 37-7 route. The game for the first time Lewis, who would take on the test captaincy in 1984, was the captain of team Australia in an international match.
Fiery forward Les Boyd enhanced his reputation for rough play, when he was sent twice on tour. He was removed in a first round game against hull Kingston Rovers at Craven Park, and in the second test against the lions in Central Park in Wigan. He was also sybina in the third test of the ashes at Headingley in Leeds.
3.1. Great Britain. Test Venues. (Тестовые Площадки)
Three ashes series tests took place at the following venues.
Hull KR led kangaroos 8-5 in half, but it was as good as he got in the face Millwards men as the kangaroos piled on 25 points to 2 in the second half to run easy winners 30-10. Man of the match Mal Meninga fired up Craven Park for his first taste of football on English soil, scoring legs to try and 6 goals in the win.
3.2. Great Britain. Wales. (Уэльс)
Kangaroo played an international against Wales at Ninian Park, Cardiff. It was the first time Wally Lewis, playing in the unfamiliar centre position captain of Australia against the international team.
To play defender, Steve Ella down for test selection, scoring 4 tries in the game. Was considered a certainty for selection in the upcoming 1st Ashes test only two players from the team, the second row forward rod Reddy and reserve winger Kerry Boustead.
3.3. Great Britain. First Test. (Первый Тест)
While the Australian side for the test was built around the new breed of young players such as Eric Grote, Wayne Pearce, Mal Meninga, Brett Kenny and Peter sterling mixing with veterans Craig young, Les Boyd, ray price, rod Reddy, Kerry Boustead, Steve Rogers and captain Max Krilich, great Britain chose five players aged over 30. The only player older than 30 years for the first test team kangaroo was Krilich, who had turned 33 just five days prior to the test. The UK was a captain in the veteran Leeds hooker David ward. Made his debut for the lions was hull F. C. teenager Lee crooks, who also handed strike at goal duty in favor of George Fairbairn. Wayne pierce was awarded the prize of best player of the match after throwing the last pass in four attempts and scoring a try himself.
The UK did well in the first half only to trail 10-4 in the first half, but both goals from the penalty spot a debutant second rower Lee crooks was as good as the owners. In the second half the kangaroos unleashed their skills and physical form, and blazing six tries to leave the British game, and the majority 26.771 strong crowd Packed into Boothferry Park buildings to be stunned. The game was Australias 5th consecutive victory over great Britain Dating back to the final test tour kangaroo 1978, including a 3-0 whitewash of the lions on their Australasian tour in 1979 lethargic.
In his test debut for Australia back row forward Wayne Pearce was judged as man of the match for his defensive performance and having a hand in the number of attempts, and also to backup interruption, max Krilich and Craig young to race away and score 45 meters to try only French referee Julien Rascagneres next to him. Centre Mal Meninga, playing his 4th test and the first thing that will eventually be the entry 17 ashes tests against great Britain, scoring a try of the game after good work Peter Stirling and pier, and then easily putting forest ahead of DIL and defender George Fairbairn to score in the corner. Meninga also kicked 8 out of 10 goals for a personal haul of 19 points. His 8 goals and broke the record for number of goals for Australia in a test in England, old record 7 was installed Graeme Langlands in the second test, 1963-64 kangaroo tour of the famous "test the Swinton massacre". He also made the most goals for Australia in the ashes test, the entry previously was the exclusive property of Noel Pidding, who kicked 8 in the first test series of 1954 at Sydney cricket ground.
Comments for bi-Bi-si, the former great Britain and England Rugby dual international forward ray French said after the final siren, "Well, Ive got to feel the humiliation. I thought the UK could do something, but only with these two goals from the penalty spot cheaters whether its back to the drawing Board for great Britain selectors are afraid," and in his commentary partner Wigan coach, the former midfielder of lions and kangaroos tormentor Alex Murphy said that during the first half of the "we need something to fight that much."
It was the first time a couple of future Australian test halves Wally Lewis and Peter sterling played side by side with each other, as Australian five-eighth and halfback.
Emulation that the cross-city competitors hull Kingston Rovers did in the opening match of the tour, hull led the kangaroos during the break, this time 7-0. It was not until Leeds Australia led 10-6 at Headingley during the tour, 1990 Kangaroo that English club will lead the kangaroos in the break of the tour match. However, a double Eric the grotto and other Kerry Boustead, Meninga kicking with 2 goals, along with Australia accounting scoreless in the second case saw the kangaroos to keep their undefeated record alive with a 13-7 win in front of the fans 16.049. It was the largest attendance tour match at the Boulevard, as Australia won the combined hull / hull KR XIII 37-14 during the 1956-57 kangaroo tour. He was also a kangaroo 9-th victory in a row over the case from 1911-12 and is the largest tour attendance tour match 1982.
Australia played the game with the same team that would build in the second test in Wigan is only 4 days later.
3.4. Great Britain. Second Test. (Второй Тест)
Despite ten changes to the Lions side, only winger DES Drummond and props Stretto Trevor and Jeff Grayshon, who also took over the captain kept thrashing from the first test, the second test was no contest and the kangaroos won 27-6. The only change in kangaroo was Vice-captain of the tour is the inclusion of Wally Lewis on the bench. Captain Max Krilich in some doubt with a niggling neck injury, the prostitute forward ray brown was selected on the bench a kangaroo.
Before the second test, Phil larder, Director of coaching, British Amateur Association of Rugby League Barla spent a week in camp with Frank Stanton and kangaroo to observe their training and tactics. After great Britains first test humiliation pantry, which was not actually connected to the UK team, in any case, took it upon herself to contact Stanton and request the opportunity. English football has started to lag in Australia in recent years and pantries initiative was rewarded by being made Director of coaching at Rugby football League in 1983. It will also become an assistant coach on the side of Britain in 1983.
Australian fire forward Les Boyd was sent off at the end of the first half for kicking a tackled player on the ground. The side judge, only seeing boyds Kick and not that it was a reaction to solve the Lions hooker John Dalgreen lashing out with a boot on Boyd when he was on Earth, he came with his flag and the French referee Julien Rascagneres, who did not see the incident, do not hesitate in sending Boyd off, leaving behind a kangaroo to play the remaining 46 minutes of twelve.
Eric Groth received a knee injury while scoring a try in the first half and was replaced at half-time for Wally Lewis. The injury will see the Grotto Miss the third test, played a week in Leeds. Lewis walked right into the five-eighth position, while Brett Kenny moved to the malls and Mal Meninga on the wing. Midway through the second half Lewis showed 23.126 crowd in Central Park that the British game was lost when he sent a bullet pass 20 meters to Meninga to score in the corner. Theyve done psychological damage to the Lions, who wondered how a kangaroo really was, if the player who could pass like Lewis couldnt even do that in XIII.
3.5. Great Britain. Third Test. (Третье Испытание)
The injuries forced Frank Stanton to make three changes to the kangaroos for the final test. Eric Grothes a knee injury in the second test did not go on the field with tours leading try scorer John Ribot once again claiming his test spot on the wing, rod Morris replaced Craig young in the first row and the second test match Beam price was also ruled out with a knee injury and was replaced by Paul McCabe in the second row, allowing Wayne Pearce to go to his favorite position at lock forward.
Kangaroo coach Frank Stanton predicted that the third test will be the best contested of the three, and he was faithful to the last ten minutes of the game. Reminded Widnes halfback Andy Gregory, and Bradford Northern hooker Brian noble, making his debut test, has paved the way for the lions and provided services for their speedy behind what Britain lacked in the first two tests. Lions made more breaks in the third test in Headingley than in the two previous tests combined. The Australians were running with a very strong wind in the first half and used this to their advantage, keeping most of the game in the great Britain half, although they were unable to cross the British line to try. Mal Meninga kicked three goals, two from near the middle, while hull youngster Lee crooks kicked two long range penalties into the wind to keep the Lion in the game at 6-4 in the first half. Lions winger de Drummond brought the crowd to its feet somewhere in the middle of the half with a 40-meters from near his line before he was downed halfway Greg Brentnall and Steve Rogers in the cap.
In the first attempt, the game was released only in the 50th minute. From the depths of his own half, Brentnall made a breakthrough on the right flank after breaking tackles. The play looked as broken when it doesnt go in unmarked Boustead, Kerry on the street and grabbed the back desperate David Stevenson. From there, the kangaroos spread the ball to the opposite flank, where Ribot has been solved. Then Wayne Pearce broke the British line, before turning to rod Reddy, who gave the ball to Ribot flying into the street. Ribot crashed in the corner with Lions defender George Fairbairn, clinging to his legs. Then pierce made another break and sent captain max Krilich at 30 metres for his first try of the tour. Krilich scored under the posts giving an easy conversion Meninga and Australia held a 14-4 lead. With just over 10 minutes remained to play the Australians kept-from Britain 14-8 and intense aftertaste, especially after hull F. C. winger Steve Evans scored the Lions only try of the series was also the first to try the Australians have conceded in all 11 tests they have played since the second Ashes test in 1979 against the lions in Brisbane. It seemed that Britain was not that far behind an unforgettable holiday standard, but in the final 10 minutes kangaroo, great fitness told and they ripped the home side with only 4 tries Boustead, pierce, Steve Rogers and player of the match Brett Kenny to run out to win 32-8 winners and become the first visiting side to pass through the Kingdom loses.
Right on half-time there was a set between the attackers Les Boyd and Mick crane, which as a result of the fight. Boyd hit Lions captain David Topliss third captain In as many tests with a shoulder charge on the line and Topliss was snapped from foot to Boyd, who then hit Topliss, when he was lying on the ground, with a tap, then came back and started trading blows with Australian front-rower. As the teams lined up for the second half, Rascagneres the judge called both Boyd and crane and sent as penalty box for 10 minutes.
Ashes series victory was Australias 4th straight over the Lions, built in 1974, and the second time in a row 3-0 ashes series victory. She also continued a series initiated 1963-64 kangaroo successfully defending the ashes in England. From 2017, it was the last test Australia played at Headingley. Since 1986 kangaroo tour, all test matches in Australia were played in Leeds was played at the Elland road stadium, home of Leeds United football club, because of its greater capacity Elland road currently holds 37.890 and Headingley has a capacity 21.062.
4. France. (Франция)
First Test. (Первый Тест)
The tourists found the French tests are more difficult than English, but in the end, the kangaroos prevailed and finished the tour unbeaten.
During the first half of the year, Wally Lewis dislocated his shoulder trying to tackle the French player, who ended his tour, but as there was only 2 weeks, the rest he stayed with the squad until they returned to Australia the injury was the recurrence of a similar injury he suffered during a tour in the UK and France with the Australian schoolboys Rugby team in 1977. He was replaced by Eric the grotto, who went on the wing, Mal Meninga moved in a large center with Brett Kenny moving to 5 / 8. Within 12 minutes of being on the field, Grote scored two attempts.
5. Statistics. (Статистика)
Leading Try Scorer
- 25 by John Ribot.
Leading Scorer Points
- 166 by Mal Meninga 10 tries, 68 goals.
A Large Attendance
- 26.771 – First test vs Great Britain at Boothferry Park.
The Largest Club Attendance Game
- 16.049 – Australia vs Hull F.C. at The Boulevard.
6. Aftermath. (После)
The next most successful tour in the history of the kangaroos, the Australians were sent to English clubs. Over the next 3 years, players such as Peter sterling F. C. hull, Brett Kenny and Steve Ella Wigan, Eric the Grotto, Leeds, Wally Lewis Wakefield Trinity and mal Meninga St Helens would be a short but successful stints in England.
- The 1986 Kangaroo tour of Great Britain and France was the sixteenth Kangaroo tour in which the Australian national rugby league team known as the Winfield
- the French The tour followed the 1959 - 60 Kangaroo tour of Great Britain and France and was followed by the 1967 - 68 Kangaroo tour of Great Britain and France
- in Great Britain with 140, 430 attending the three Tests, beating the record of 133, 684 set on the 1990 Kangaroo Tour As with the 1982 1986 and 1990
- against Great Britain saw an aggregate crowd of 91, 604 attending the Test series. The largest attendance of the tour came during the Kangaroos 22 - 14 first
- France Leg 1990 Kangaroo Tour of Great Britain and France at rl1908.com 1990 Kangaroo Tour at rlhalloffame.org.uk Andrews, Malcolm 2006 The ABC of
- 1967 68 Kangaroo tour of Great Britain and France was the twelfth Kangaroo Tour and saw the Australian national rugby league team travel to Europe and play
- The 2001 Kangaroo Tour was the Australia national rugby league team s nineteenth Kangaroo tour of Great Britain The truncated tour featured only the three
- Kangaroo Tour is the name given to Australian national rugby league team tours of Great Britain and France tours to New Zealand and the one off tour
- The 1921 22 Kangaroo tour of Great Britain was the third ever Kangaroo tour Again an Australasian side rather than an Australian team alone although
- 1978 Kangaroo tour of Great Britain and France comprised the Australia national rugby league team s fourteenth tour of Great Britain and ninth tour of France
- The 1933 34 Kangaroo tour of Great Britain was the fifth Kangaroo tour and took the Australia national rugby league team around the north of England, to
- The 1973 Kangaroo Tour was the thirteenth Kangaroo Tour and saw the Australian national rugby league team travel to Europe and play nineteen matches against
- Kangaroo Tour was a six - match tour by the Australia national rugby league team of France Wales and England, and to date has been the last Kangaroo Tour
- representative football, playing for New South Wales in the 1982 State of Origin series and for Australia on the 1982 Kangaroo tour of Great Britain and France
- nicknamed The Lions. For most of the 20th century, the Great Britain team toured overseas, played against foreign touring teams and competed in the Rugby League
- The 1955 1956 New Zealand rugby tour of Great Britain and France was a tour by the New Zealand national rugby league team. New Zealand lost both test
- The 1993 New Zealand rugby league tour of Great Britain and France was a tour by the New Zealand national rugby league team. The New Zealand national
- The 1992 Great Britain Lions tour of Australasia was a tour by the Great Britain national rugby league team, nicknamed the Lions of Papua New Guinea
- tour of Great Britain The majority of the Kangaroos games since then have been played against Great Britain and New Zealand. In the first half of the
- The 1988 Great Britain Lions tour was the Great Britain national rugby league team s 18th tour of Australasia and took place from May to July 1988. It
- the 1982 Kangaroo tour of Great Britain and France and Myler played at loose forward. In 1983 he was awarded the Harry Sunderland Trophy for man - of - the - match
- Conway played scrum - half, and scored 2 - goals in Leeds 4 - 31 defeat by Australia in the 1982 Kangaroo tour of Great Britain and France match at Headingley Rugby
- Golds Tour was a tour by the New Zealand national rugby league team, the Kiwis, of Great Britain and France Conducted as part of the celebrations of a century
- against France and Wales, and in 1981 against Wales 2 matches For the 1982 Kangaroo tour of Great Britain and France Nash was recalled to the Great Britain
- defeated Czechoslovakia 1982 Kangaroo tour of Great Britain and France 1982 KB Cup 1982 New Zealand rugby league season 1982 NSWRFL season Parramatta
- against Great Britain and also defeated Wales and France This was the Kiwis first tour of Great Britain since the 2000 World Cup, the Kangaroos having
- 1970s and Great Britain struggled to compete with Australia. The 1982 Kangaroos became the first side to go through a tour of Great Britain and France undefeated
- England in 1981 against France and Wales. He also played for Great Britain in 1981 against France and in 1982 against the touring Australians 2 matches
- The 1910 Great Britain Lions tour of Australia and New Zealand was the first international tour of the Great Britain national rugby league team, The
- rugby tour of Australia and Great Britain was made by a group of New Zealand rugby footballers who played matches in Australia, Ceylon, England and Wales
Users also searched:
Britain, Great, tour, Kangaroo, France, 1982 Kangaroo tour of Great Britain and France, Kangaroo tour of Great Britain and France, 1982 kangaroo tour of great britain and france,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →