★ 1991 Kangaroo tour of Papua New Guinea
The 1991 Kangaroo tour of Papua New Guinea was a two-week, end of season tour of Papua New Guinea by the Australia national rugby league team. The Australians played five matches on the tour, including two Test matches against the Papua New Guinea national rugby league team. The tour began on 29 September and finished on 13 October.
From 2017 this remains the only complete tour of kangaroo from Papua New Guinea.
1. Touring squad. (Гастроли команды)
Eleven of the 23 man squad played for Australia in their 2-1 TRANS-Tasman test series win over New Zealand earlier this year. Among those selected for the tour, but eventually was sidelined with injury was a test Penrith players and the 1991 winners of the Premier League, Greg Alexander, mark Geyer and John Cartwright, as well as Canberra raiders halves Laurie Daley and Ricky Stuart.
2. Tour. (Тур)
The Australians have played five matches on tour, winning all five.
North zone: David beech, Tweedy Malagian, Charlie Vee, John Markham, lance Tirava, Alison Ketauwo, David Gilpu, Mathias kin, Michael Matmillo, Patrick Bureau, Nanda, John peel with, Goro Arigae. RES - Joe Tonar, Chris Saari, Danny Jacob, a Member of Moiga.
Australia: Harry Belcher, Willie Carne, Mal Meninga with, Andrew Ettingshausen, rod Wishart, Peter Jackson, Geoff Toovey, Bella Martin, Kevin Walters, Glenn Lazarus, Craig Salvatore, Ian Roberts, Bradley Clyde. RES - cliff Lyons, brad Fittler, Chris Jones, Scott Gourley.
Australian forward Craig Salvatori injured ankle during the game and did not play again on tour.
Areas Islands: Eremas Normyle, Arnold Tivelit, Henry Hairoi, August Joseph, James capia, Willie Langer, Billy Kennedy, Pisai Maevo, Bernard BATE, David guy, Jimmy, Peter, Ben Lacour, Apelis walia. RES - Phillip Nagatia, Ken Oki, Rich Rocks, albert levy.
Australia: Harry Belcher with Willie Carne, Peter Jackson, brad Fittler, Chris Jones, cliff Lyons, Kevin Walters, Steve roach, Kerrod Walters, Glen Lazarus, Harry Coyne, Andrew Gee, Scott Gourley. RES - Geoff Toovey, Martin bell, Ian Roberts, Andrew Ettingshausen.
2.1. Tour. 1st Test. (1-й тест)
Reserve forward Scott Gourley, who made 5 test Rugby Union match in Australia in 1988, before switching to Rugby League with St. George, became the Australian 41 dual Rugby international.
Highlands zone: John school, Francis Abba, David Gomia, Thomas Tumbo, Joe Remus, Dimbi Ongugo, Gigmai Ongugo, Leslie Hoffman, Maima Kawage, S Kamisive, Joe Paraka with Philip Humar, John yaw. RES - Michael Angra, MEK of kepo, John Passigan, Michael Bureau.
Australia: Harry Belcher, Willie Carne, Chris Johns, mark McGaw, rod Wishart, cliff Lyons, Geoff Toovey, Glenn Lazarus and Kevin Walters, Harry Coyne, Bruce McGuire, Scott Gourley, Bradley Clyde si. RES - Kerrod Walters, Martin Bella, brad Fittler, Peter Jackson.
Australia won the bruising encounter 28-3 zone of highlands, mount Hagen.
2.2. Tour. 2nd Test. (2-й тест)
This test match and twice in a group stage game for the 1989-92 world Cup Rugby League. Gary Belcher, Martin Bella, cliff Lyons and Gary Coyne have all played their last tests in Australia.
3. Statistics. (Статистика)
Leading Try Scorer
- 8 by Willie Carne.
Leading Scorer Points
- 32 by Gary Belcher 3 tries, 10 goals and Willie Carne 8 tries.
A Large Attendance
- 17.000 - First test vs Papua New Guinea at Lloyd Robson Oval.
Big test attendance
- 10.300 - Australia vs Northern Zone.
- The Papua New Guinea national rugby league team represents Papua New Guinea in the sport of rugby league football. In Papua New Guinea Rugby League is
- The 1986 New Zealand rugby league tour of Australia and Papua New Guinea was a tour by the New Zealand national rugby league team. Test matches were played
- defeating Papua New Guinea in Port Moresby on the way to England, going through the entire tour undefeated in a repeat of the 1982 Invincibles tour which
- Zealand and the one off tour to Papua New Guinea 1991 The first Kangaroo Tour was in 1908. Traditionally, Kangaroo Tours took place every four years and
- of the 1991 State of Origin series, scoring a try in Game II. At the end of the 1991 NSWRL season he was selected to go on the 1991 Kangaroo tour of Papua
- 1982 New Zealand rugby league tour of Australia and Papua New Guinea was a four match tour by the New Zealand national rugby league team. The New Zealand
- The 1982 Kangaroo tour was the fifteenth Kangaroo tour where the Australian national rugby league team played a number of matches against British and French
- of the Match. Following the 1991 NSWRL season, the Kangaroos embarked on their first and as of 2017, only Tour of Papua New Guinea The Kangaroos would
- league Oceania tour was a three test tour by the France national rugby league team. The French team played single tests against Papua New Guinea Australia
- Lions tour of Australasia was a tour by the Great Britain national rugby league team, nicknamed the Lions of Papua New Guinea Australia and New Zealand
- his debut for Papua New Guinea in 1988 against Australia. He also played against the touring 1990 Great Britain Lions and 1991 Kangaroos He finished his
- end of the 1991 season, Carne toured Papua New Guinea with the Kangaroos scoring 3 tries in each of the two tests against the Papua New Guinea Kumuls
- series against New Zealand. Martin Bella, who played his final two tests during Australia s tour of Papua New Guinea in 1991 played a total of nine Tests
- Australian national team for the 1991 Kangaroo tour of Papua New Guinea regaining his test spot due to an injury to Jackson. On tour he played in both test matches
- saw the Kangaroos defeat the Kumuls. The opening Test match of the 1988 Great Britain Lions tour was played at the Oval between Papua New Guinea and the
- in November 2018 a provisional tour was arranged with Great Britain to play tests against New Zealand, Papua New Guinea Tonga, Fiji and Samoa with the
- Australia Mal Meninga 2nd Test try 1991 Australia vs New Zealand at Rugby League Project 1991 Kangaroo tour of Papua New Guinea 1992 World Cup Final at Rugby
- Guinea in 1991 where he made his test debut for the Kangaroos playing in all four games on tour including both tests against the Papua New Guinea Kumuls
- he played for Country Firsts. Later in the year he played against Papua New Guinea for both Southern Division and NSW Country, kicking goals in both victories
- 1991 tour of Papua New Guinea and Kerrod was called up to replace him. The two tests against the Kumuls in 1991 would prove to be the final tests of his
- Tour of Papua New Guinea at the end of the year and was named Man of the Series also. During the 1992 Great Britain Lions tour of Australia and New Zealand
- Fittler was unavailable as he was part of the Australian Kangaroos team on their end of season tour of Papua New Guinea Fittler made his test debut for Australia
- that club. He represented Australia in Rugby League in 1991 in a Test series against Papua New Guinea His international rugby league debut in the 1st Test
- Melbourne. Following the end of the 1991 season, Johns was part of the Australian touring side to Papua New Guinea playing in both tests against the Kumuls
- against Papua New Guinea before the best - of - three series against Australia for the Ashes title, and finally a Test against New Zealand. Some of these matches
- was chosen for the end of season tour of Papua New Guinea However, Roach suffered a broken ankle in the first match of the tour which would prove to be
- most successful ever national side going through the 23 match tour of Papua New Guinea England and France unbeaten and becoming known as the Invincibles
- for the rest of his Australian first grade career. His association with English rugby league began at the end of the 1986 Kangaroo tour when he stayed
- The 1980 Kangaroo Tour of New Zealand was a mid - season tour of New Zealand by the Australia national rugby league team. The Australians played seven matches
- coaching of Phil Gould won their first ever premiership. At the end of the season he was selected for the Kangaroos five game tour of Papua New Guinea and
Users also searched:
Papua, tour, Kangaroo, Guinea, 1991 Kangaroo tour of Papua New Guinea, Kangaroo tour of Papua New Guinea, 1991 kangaroo tour of papua new guinea,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →