★ U6 (Berlin U-Bahn)
U6 is a Berlin U-Bahn line, 19.9 km long line with 29 stations. It runs in a north-south direction from the Berlin locality of Tegel in the north via FriedrichstraSe to Mariendorf, a locality in the southern part of the city. It is a so-called large profile line.
During the Cold war, both the U6 line Termini were in the former West Berlin, but the line was held in East Berlin for a short period of your route. Five stations were cordoned off by the East German authorities and the train went through these so-called" Ghost station” without stopping, while the sixth, FriedrichstraSe remained open primarily as a transfer point between U6 and S-Bahn lines through the North-South train tunnel, but as the official border crossing between East and West Berlin.
Previously, she was referred to as "I" from 1923 to 1928.
1. Current routing. (Текущая маршрутизация)
Y6 begins its journey from its Northern end in the centre of Tegel, first run in a South-easterly direction the subway on the way Berliner StraSe to Borsigwerke underground, then surface to work on the waterfront next SeidelstraSe and ScharnweberstraSe. Only after the station ScharnweberstraSe he enters a tunnel and continues under MullerstraSe that becomes ChausseestraSe and then FriedrichstraSe. Since then, he works in a very southerly direction. After the addresses: mehringplatz at the station Hallesches Tor, which, Y6 crosses under the landwehrkanal and swings slightly to the West parallel to the included Breakfast, which changes its name to Tempelhofer Damm at the station Luftbrucke Platz der, and then to Mariendorfer Damm After crossing the Teltow canal. Y6 crosses the channel in cable ducts and directly under a traffic bridge. The line ends at the intersection of ReisseckstraSe, FriedenstraSe and Mariendorfer Damm at the stop, Alt-Mariendorf station.
2.1. History. Beginnings. (Начало)
Back in 1901 in the city of Berlin had plans for a subway from North to South, at FriedrichstraSe. Werner von Siemens also had plans for a line under of this impressive street, but at that time the city decided that the transportation system needs to be in the hands of the state and began construction of the so-called North-South line from wedding Tempelhof, with a branch to Neukölln. This work was delayed and finally abandoned due to difficulties associated with the global war relics from the early period up to 1918 continues to be found in rolled-steel supports stands at Oranienburger tor station, still bears trading name of supply rolling mill, Diamonds in Alsace-Lorraine.
In 1919 work was resumed, but in the postwar period of hyperinflation filling the existing tunnel was proposed in 1921. However, it was decided to continue the construction after all, and on 30 January 1923 the first tunnel section was opened between Hallesches Tor and Stettiner Bahnhof, the latter going by the name naturkundemuseum underground from 13 December 2009, replacing the station name StraSe zinnowitzer. The extension of the North-West was opened on 8 March 1923 between Stettiner Bahnhof and SeestraSe, with a workshop of maintenance is based at the station SeestraSe.
On MohrenstraSe junction and FriedrichstraSe two subway lines intersected for the first time: North-South line, renamed line C, and its own Central line Centrumsline. But as the concept of the tower of the station to accommodate the two lines, located one above the other was not known in Berlin built their own station, they Leipziger StraSe now town center,160 metres from the Central station. The result is that passengers transferring between the two lines even today, have to go through the long connecting pedestrian tunnel, known as Berliners" route mouse” "Mausetunnel".
At Belle-Alliance StraSe name includes Breakfast, where the line divides into two branches, was built three tracks. From the Western highway on the side of the platform, the train went to both Termini, Tempelhof and neukölln, the Central platform was used for trains heading to the city centre, the average track for those coming from Neukölln and the Eastern track for trains coming in from Tempelhof. In the course of constructing the U7 line, the station was completely redesigned and is now called Breakfast.
Due to disputes in the administrative district of Tempelhof, the first route had a branch in Neukölln. To work on the other branch only began in 1924, but only two years later, on February 14, 1926 was opened the section from Belle-Alliance-StraSe now Kreuzberg station Luftbrucke Platz der. A year later this second branch extended to the airport, Tempelhof is now the station ParadestraSe. This now-closed airport located to the East of the U6 track.
In 1929 the line was extended to the intersection with the station Tempelhof s-Bahn on the circle line Ringbahn. A large hall was built for both S - and U-Bahn and passengers. Since the station had to be built very deep to accommodate the subway lines, there is a place for the spacious hall ticket.
2.2. History. The northern extension. (Северное расширение)
Even as the construction of the line North-South / from the beginning there were plans to extend it to Berlin-Tegel and 400 meters of tunnel were prepared to 1929. This extension from the existing station SeestraSe to the center of Tegel made several bus and tram lines and the reserve is for this reason that this site was the first to be worked after the war in the Western part of the city.
Was filled with the first pile on 26 Oct 1953 in MullerstraSe to the North of the station SeestraSe. 6.9 km 4.3 Mi stretch was built in two sections:
- Kurt-Schumacher-Platz to Tegel. (Курт-Шумахер-плац в Тегель)
- SeestraSe to Kurt-Schumacher-Platz. (SeestraSe на Курт-Шумахер-плац)
For reasons of economy and because of the very high ground water level there, North of Kurt-Schumacher-Platz it was decided to put the track on the embankment, not sliced. A ramp to raise the track 15 meters to the waterfront, and further, to the first station Berlin large profile cars, station ScharnweberstraSe. After passing the station Holzhauser StraSe this North-Western stretch, the tracks return underground, after a course of Berliner StraSe to the centre of Berlin-Tegel.
As it was before the Second world war, the station was very functional design with its surface covered with bright, pastel-colored ceramic tiles. Embankment stations were constructed of reinforced concrete, which was typical for that time. Currently, this gives them a very bulky appearance, so they do not radiate the charm of many of the suburban stations, such as metro line U3 direct to the South.
The first section was opened on 3 may 1956, the second on may 31, 1958. With the opening of the line from the North to the Berlin transport network, BVG, the company has been fully renovated and numerous tram lines in this area can be eliminated.
2.3. History. "Ghost stations". ("Станция-призрак")
After the construction of the Berlin wall in 1961, by order of the German Minister of internal Affairs of the Democratic Republic Karl Maron all stations on the U6 line in East Berlin were closed to passenger traffic, with the exception of FriedrichstraSe station. At this station, West Berlin passengers could transfer to S-Bahn or enter East Berlin through established boundaries are. This order turned all remaining closed stations into so-called "stations of the Ghost", due to which trains had to pass without stopping and which could only be entered by East German border and traffic policemen.
To service areas previously available for the population of East Berlin on the U6 line travels to a Ghost station was opened on bus route 59 was created between Walter Ulbricht stadium, later renamed world youth Stadion der Weltjugend, and Leipziger StraSe Strasse. Station ghosts do not appear on East German city maps. They have been consistently renovated and opened on 11 November 1989, the fall of the Berlin wall, metro station Jannowitzbrucke U8 and July 1, 1990, the date of German unification.
A cold war curiosity: SchwartzkopffstraSe station, renamed Walter-Ulbricht Stadion in April 1951 after the newly built sports field, was one of the five metro stations U6 spirit. However, 15 March 1973 in East Berlin authorities did not hesitate to rename the metro station, which was abandoned for eleven years, the Stadion der Weltjugend – signs with the station name visible only in the main West Berlin subway passengers as the train passed through the station.
2.4. History. Completion of line 6. (Завершение линии 6)
As with the Northern extension to Tegel, since, as the construction of the line from the beginning was planned to extend it to Alt-Mariendorf in the South terminal. The Nazis planned to extend the line even further South to the Mariendorf trabrennbahn Racecourse, with Mariendorf. When work on the long-awaited extension began, there were debates about the cost and was, for example, proposed to lay the tracks in the recess next to the Tempelhofer Damm / Mariendorf Damm roads. Public transport company BVG objected, arguing that easy access to such attractions as municipal offices Rathaus neukölln and the main shopping street will be possible only with underground lines.
The first pile for a 3.5-kilometer route has been dropped on 6 March 1961 and Alt-Mariendorf station was opened on 28 February 1966. The route of the S-and U-Bahn station Tempelhof directly to the South along the Tempelhofer Damm on the Teltow canal. Such construction of the line U7 to Rudow channel the main issue for a track in this area and found an unusual solution. And U6 tracks contained in the building at the bottom and connected to the bottom of the road bridge over the canal. The side with the train tracks to the North was built with enough space for the station UllsteinstraSe. Because the delivery channel requires vertical clearance of 4.6 meters, ramps were built to raise the road 1.2 meters above the original level.
South of the Teltow canal and U6 way to Mariendorfer Damm until final station Alt-Mariendorf, which was built at the junction of the roads ReiSeckstraSe / FriedensstraSe and Mariendorfer Damm. Hence, the services of several bus routes in sparsely developed surrounding area. This expansion was completed on the U6 line. Further extensions are planned.
In addition to the Alt-Tempelhof station, all stations were designed by architect Rainer G. Rummler. As with the southern part of the U7 line, he used a large rectangular ceramic tiles on the surface of the walls of the station.
2.5. History. Reopening. (Открытие)
The restoration of the station and modification of the platforms and tunnels was started after the fall of the Berlin wall, and all the former" the Ghost station” was opened on 1 July 1990.
When the U6 was built between 1912 and 1923, money was scarce because of World War I and the subsequent hyperinflation period as well as the tight budgetary situation of the city of Berlin as the owner of the new line North-South, doesnt leave much financial profit. Stations for narrow trains, built earlier, was more attractive design, while the U6 only white plaster. The only distinguishing feature for each station was the typical color for the columns and station signs. Platform length was also reduced. With a length of 110-120 meters were common for platforms built later, but at the time it was built only 80-meter platforms. Already in the 1970-ies there was the first performance issues, because only four car trains will be deployed on these platforms. Thus, in the 1960s and 1970s underground stations of West Berlin was modified to extend the platforms so longer trains could be used. But since modifications and U6 three border stations, FriedrichstraSe, KochstraSe and Reinckendorfer StraSe, was either impossible or will require you to pay a considerable sum of money in East Germany and the train dont even stop at 5" Ghost stations”, only four-car trains can be operated on the U6 underground line. As compensation, the train arrived at 3-minute intervals during peak hours.
In order to provide six trains to handle the traffic after the reunification of Germany in 1990, the Berlin Senate has allocated 250 million marks for the extension of the site North of the station SchwartzkopffstraSe and Reinickendorfer StraSe, and South stations KochstraSe, city centre, Franzosische StraSe, FriedrichstraSe, oranienburger Tor underground and zinnowitzer StraSe today State modifications took four years - from July 1992 to September 1996 with no interruption in service in various stations:
- Reinickendorfer StraSe - modified from July 1993 to October 1995.
- Zinnowitzer StraSe and SchwartzkopffstraSe - modified from 1995 to 29 September 1996.
- KochstraSe - modified from October 1993 to January 1996.
- Stadtmitte and Franzoische StraSe - modified from 1994 to 29 September 1996.
- FriedrichstraSe - modified from September 1992 to June 1995.
- Oranienburger Tor - modified from July 27, 1992 to April 1994.
3. Plans for the future. (Планы на будущее)
Extension of the U5 line from Alexanderplatz to the Brandenburg gate will include the station Unter den Linden in FriedrichstraSe offering the opportunity to transfer to the U6 line. These construction works require the layoff of between FriedrichstraSe and Franzosische StraSe stations in the period July 2012 to October 2013 and leaving the station StraSe Franzosische when the extension V5 open in 2019.
In the old 200 km plans, it was known that the U6 line will be extended to Hennigsdorf, Lichterfelde-Sud and the city of Sochi.
The extension of the South line U6 goes from Alt-Mariendorf, trabrennbahn, with Mariendorf, Tauernallee, Marienfelde court GoethestraSe, BarnetstraSe and Alt-Lichtenrade.
4. Frequency. (Частота)
Trains were running at 4-min intervals during peak periods and 5-min intervals in off-peak periods. Night service was introduced in 2003 and runs a 15 minute frequency.
- the Berlin U - Bahn network in the western Kreuzberg district, named after a nearby bridge crossing the Landwehrkanal. It is on the U 1 U 3 and on U 7 lines
- U 8 is a line on the Berlin U - Bahn It has 24 stations and is 18.1 km 11.2 mi long. The U 8 is one of two north south Berlin U - Bahn lines, and runs from
- U 2 is a line of the Berlin U - Bahn The U 2 line starts at Pankow S - Bahn station, runs through the eastern city centre Alexanderplatz to Potsdamer Platz
- four U - Bahn lines U 1, U 2, U 3, U6 two S - Bahn lines Stadtbahn, Ringbahn twice and three waterways Spree River, Landwehr Canal, Berlin - Spandau Canal
- The U 7 is a rail line on the Berlin U - Bahn It runs completely underground for a length of 31.8 kilometres 19.8 mi through 40 stations and connects
- U 1 is a line on the Berlin U - Bahn which is 8.8 kilometres 5.5 mi long and has 13 stations. Its traditional line designation was BII. It runs east - west
- U 5 is a line on the Berlin U - Bahn It runs from Alexanderplatz in Mitte eastwards through Friedrichshain, Lichtenberg and Friedrichsfelde, surfaces in
- ScharnweberstraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 6 It was constructed by B. Grimmek in 1958. Due to the extension of the U6 the trains had to
- Franzosische StraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn underground station of the U 6 located under the road FriedrichstraSe in central Berlin This station was built
- ParadestraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn station on the U 6 line. It was opened in 1927 as Flughafen airport and at that time provided the world s first direct
- U 55 is an U - Bahn line in the German capital city of Berlin It connects the new Berlin Hauptbahnhof, or main railway station, to an interchange with the
- OtisstraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 6 The station is close to the street OtisstraSe, hence the name. It was renamed in 2004 to celebrate
- Platz der Luftbrucke is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 6 It is located under Platz der Luftbrucke and the south end of Mehringdamm on the border
- opened on 28 February 1966. The extension of Line C of the Berlin U - Bahn today called U6 through the centre of Tempelhof to Mariendorf was already planned
- Naturkundemuseum, formerly Zinnowitzer StraSe, is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 6 in the district Mitte. The station was opened on 30 January
- Berlin Jannowitzbrucke is a station in the Mitte district of Berlin It is served by the S - Bahn lines S 3, S 5, S 7, and S 9 and the U - Bahn line U 8. It
- January 1924 in the course of the extension of the nord - sud U - Bahn today s lines U6 and U 7 from Hallesches Tor towards Neukolln as a terminus before
- SchwartzkopffstraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 6 The station was built in 1923 by Grenander Fehse Jennen. Due to massive financial problems
- Markisches Museum is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 2 in the Mitte district. Since 1935 it has been named after the nearby Markisches Museum
- UllsteinstraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 6 The station was designed by R. G. Rummler and opened in 1966. The station is located below
- Heinrich - Heine - StraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn station on the U 8, located under the street of the same name in Mitte, and protected as an architectural landmark
- KochstraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 6 It is close to Checkpoint Charlie and the Checkpoint Charlie Museum. It was built by Grenander
- Reinickendorfer StraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 6 Opened in 1923 and due to severe financial problems at the time of the station s
- Station, it also crosses the S - Bahn and U 4 U 5. At the next station, Sendlinger Tor, it passes below U 3 U6 There the U 1 U 2 platforms for each direction
- Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 6 The station was built on an embankment by Grimmek in 1958. J. Meyer - Kronthaler, Berlins U - Bahnhofe, Berlin
- the Mitte district of Berlin adjacent to the point where the street crosses the river Spree. Underneath the station is the U - Bahn station FriedrichstraSe
- The rolling stock on the Berlin U - Bahn are the main types of cars for the underground railway subway They are split into two general categories: Kleinprofil
- flames. The U - Bahn station was at one time complemented by multiple tram as well as bus lines. The removal of tram lines in West Berlin meant that the
- Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 6 Opened in 1966 by R. G. Rummler, it has direct access to a department store. J. Meyer - Kronthaler, Berlins U - Bahnhofe
- Berlin HermannstraSe is a railway station in the Neukolln district of Berlin It is served by the S - Bahn lines S 41, S 42, S 45, S 46 and S 47 and the
Users also searched:
Berlin, U - Bahn, U Berlin U - Bahn, U6 Berlin U - Bahn, u6 (berlin u-bahn), berlin u-bahn lines. u6 (berlin u-bahn),
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →