★ U8 (Berlin U-Bahn)
U8 is a line on the Berlin U-Bahn. It has 24 stations and is 18.1 km long. The U8 is one of two north–south Berlin U-Bahn lines, and runs from Wittenau to Neukolln via Gesundbrunnen. The original proposal was for a suspended monorail like the Wuppertal Schwebebahn.
1. Colouring and naming. (Окраска и именования)
The U8 line has a dark blue as its distinctive color, since it first opened in 1927. He first ran between attractions and Neukölln and was therefore known as the yellow-ban. Until 1966 he was assigned to the D-line when in the subway system changed the numeric designation, it was renamed line 8. In 1984, the letter U was added as part of efforts to better distinguish the trains from the subway.
2.1. History. Gesundbrunnen to Neukolln: the GN-Bahn. (Гезундбруннен в Нойкельне: ГН-бан)
In 1902, the Nuremberg company, Spanish-Gesellschaft fur elektrische Unternehmungen, approached Berlins Executive Council, the Magistrat, about building a monorail like the one that had already been built in Elberfeld-barmen, now part of Wuppertal. Their preferred route from Gesundbrunnen to Rixdorf was renamed Neukölln in late. However, the magistrate and the city Council was skeptical about the project, primarily for fear of accidents.
In 1907, AEG has made a competing proposal for almost the same route, in the form of an underground line within the city, and elevated railway in the Suburban areas. After lengthy negotiations, in March 1912 in Berlin and AEG finally agreed on a contract for the construction and operation of the line. In the end, an agreement was reached under great time pressure, because the planning authority in matters of transport was to take place in April 1912 in Berlin of the Association and their position on this project has been defined.
The line was to begin on the overpass at SchwedenstraSe, and then continue to Berlin via BadstraSe. From there it will run the metro to Hermannplatz via BrunnenstraSe, square Rosenthaler-StraSe, WeinmeisterstraSe, MunzstraSe, Kaiser-Wilhelm-StraSe, new FriedrichstraSe, BruckenstraSe, NeanderstraSe, Dresdner StraSe, Luisenufer, Reichenberger StraSe, Kottbusser StraSe and Kottbusser Damm. AEG intends to build a line of railway two wider formats known as big GroSprofil profile as first line North-South.
Construction began in 1912. As Siemens, AEG had formed a subsidiary elevated railway company, AEG-Schnellbahn-AG. However, for a short period before and during the First world war, only a few tunnel sections were completed, among them the tunnel under the spree, between Waisenbrucke and Jannowitzbrucke. Finally, AEGs, the financial situation became so difficult that they have stopped all construction work in October 1919. In this regard, in Berlin brought a successful lawsuit against AEG, the AEG-Schnellbahn-AG was liquidated. The city then received all the sections of the tunnel, which was built and is planned to complete the line, but at that time still in the process of building the first North-South subway.
At the time the plans were reviewed, ultimately, by continuing this line, some of them enterprising, such as connecting to Heidekrautbahn railway to the North and another in the Neukölln-Mittenwald railway to the South, so in theory mass transit line has been created extending from groß Schonebeck in Schorfheide through Berlin to mittenwalde.
Work does not resume on GBV-ban until 1926. The change in oversight of benefits in Berlin, because it is possible to adjust some sections of the route, for example, on the Northern flyover, which was completely liquidated, and the location of the tunnel at Alexanderplatz.
First job was in the southern part of N the ban, which began service on 17 July 1927 between BoddinstraSe and SchonleinstraSe. Between these stations was the Hermannplatz station, which was constructed under the concurrent construction of the first North-South subway, finished 4 years ago, here passengers for the first time were able to transfer from one "large profile" widebody line to another. Was the track switch between the two.
Then the construction moved to the North. At the station Kottbusser tor, the existing elevated station was relocated to facilitate the transplant. Operation of main line continued on wooden trestles.
Now it seemed natural to continue the line via Dresdener StraSe and square oranienplatz in NeanderstraSe now Heinrich-Heine-StraSe - perhaps too natural: the plot to Kottbusser Tor will be very short. In addition, noting the Karstadt store on Hermannplatz square, Department store Wertheim realized the advantages of connecting to the U-Bahn and it is believed that paid 5 million Reichsmarks for a change in plans. GN-ban will now be forwarded to Moritzplatz and then a sharp turn to NeanderstraSe. So Wertheim in Moritzplatz also gained entrance from the subway. Shell station square, oranienplatz that have already been built by AEG, remains unused to this day.
After Moritzplatz, the route follows NeanderstraSe and temporarily stops at the station of that name was renamed Heinrich-Heine-StraSe in 1960. The segment between SchonleinstraSe and NeanderstraSe was opened on 12 February 1928 as far as Kottbusser Tor and on 6 April of the same year in NeanderstraSe. A year later opened additional land to the South of BoddinstraSe, LeinestraSe in August 1929.
Behind the station NeanderstraSe was previously constructed tunnel under the spree. However, since it is necessary to change and Jannowitzbrucke was in a poor state, a completely new bridge was built a new railway crossing under it. The old tunnel was later used for the connection between the U5 and U8 is sometimes called the "baby tunnel".
Subway construction on Alexanderplatz takes a long time because this opportunity was used to completely change the design of the square. Some adjustments were made and in the way, and GBV-ban, thereby better integrate into the rest of the public transport system.
At Alexanderplatz, a large transfer terminal was created for the metro, trains, trams and buses. At the same time, the so-called "mother of all underground shopping halls" was created. Today, by contrast, seems rather small compared to, for example, the arcade at the station Hauptwache in Frankfurt.
Station Alexanderplatz now has the form H. the Eastern segment of h is a U-Bahn station is already opened in 1913 in what is today U2. The Western leg today U8 GN-Bahn station. Crossing the subway under the Frankfurter Allee underground station, then under construction. There were two platforms are used by the fact that U5 and today, according to forecasts, will use the planned line from Potsdamer Platz in the city.
There was still a serious problem, for the most part, the tunnels of the AEG already existed. The section from NeanderstraSe Mitya opened on 18 April 1930.
And on the other wide of the line, the operation was moved to the elevated railway company.
2.2. History. Dividing Berlin into two: 1961-1990. (Разделяющая Берлин на две: 1961-1990)
After the construction of the Berlin wall in 1961, by order of the German Minister of internal Affairs of the Democratic Republic Karl Maron U8 all the stations in East Berlin were closed to passenger traffic. This order turned all remaining closed stations into so-called "stations of the Ghost", due to which trains had to pass without stopping and which could only be entered by East German border and traffic policemen. These stations were closed: Bernauer StraSe, the square Rosenthaler Platz underground station, WeinmeisterstraSe, Alexanderplatz, Jannowitzbrucke and Heinrich-Heine-StraSe 13 August 1961 until the fall of the Berlin wall. To service areas previously connected to U8 in East Berlin, bus 78 was introduced in the districts of Mitte and in the markisches Museum.
After the construction of the Berlin wall in 1961 the U8 line was not in great shape. It started with 6 stations in West Berlin and then at least a long stretch under East Berlin Ghost stations and ended in the Gesundbrunnen after another 2 stations in the Western sector. As a result, the line was unsuitable for public transport-as well as potentially open to violation of the GDR.
In 1962, plans were known to the new residential area in West Berlin, convenient location in the room. As basic principles, that should naturally take the U-Bahn in service. On the S-Bahn to Frohnau, who was driving nearby, was ignored by the West-Berliners to boycott it because it was operated by the German Railways, the arm of the GDR government, plus the East Germans did not have the money to spend construction of a new station. After much discussion, it was decided to extend U8.
When line 9 was extended to Oslo-StraSe, lower level platform for the U8 was constructed at the same time. Work on the extension began in 1973, and by 1.4 extension m 0.87 mi was opened on 5 October 1977.
Outside the Gesundbrunnen station, the line continues under BadstraSe. At the junction with station PankstraSe with the same name was built. Station PankstraSe metro was built for use as a shelter, for example, in the event of war. With this purpose PankstraSe and sanitary-technical equipment, emergency kitchen, a filtered ventilation system, etc. In an emergency, he may take refuge 3.339 people. Additional costs for these services were paid for by the Federal Ministry of Finance. The walls are tiled in brown and the columns clad in aluminium sheeting. One curiosity remains at the station PankstraSe: the silver letters affixed to the walls spell the name as "Pankstrasse", transliteration of eszett and ignoring the correct German spelling of "PankstraSe".
The line continues along SchwedenstraSe on a pre-metro station osloer StraSe. Were also added here, so trains can be transferred from the U8 to U9.
Not Until 10 years later, on 27 April 1987, it was possible to open the next section of the line, to Paracelsus-bad, the construction began on 12 September 1980. Extensions to other lines have been much faster here work lasted an unusually long time.
After the subway station osloer StraSe, the line continues along SchwedenstraSe, which is changing its name soon ResidenzstraSe to the intersection ReginardstraSe. The station was built near the lake Schafersee. There was much debate about a name, the name finally agreed upon is Franz-Neumann-Platz I Schafersee Franz-Neumann-Platz in Schafersee. As the next stations on the line, this station bears the unmistakable imprint station architect Rainer of Rammler. On its walls are trees, intended to symbolize the parkland around the lake.
To better merge lines in the district of Reinickendorf, it then detours slightly, not continuing beneath the industrial area to the Wilhelmsruh train station, but instead route through the mental health clinic Karl Bonhoeffer and the city hall Reinickendorf. Then it remains under ResidenzstraSe, where again the station of that name was built, makes a wide curve at the intersection ResidenzstraSe and lindauer Allee, and a few hundred metres later comes to Paracelsus-bad station.
Station ResidenzstraSe, I must remind you of the Berlin Imperial Palace, decorated with plans now ruined StadtschloS. Supporting columns are decorated in very bright colours and is probably meant to evoke the luxurious carpets of the residence. Paracelsus-bad station was designed to evoke Association with the neighbouring baths. In addition, there are pictures on the wall, one of which shows the doctor and philosopher Paracelsus Theophrastus of Bombastus von Hohenheim.
This new part of the line was actually intended to be open for accurate 750th anniversary of the city of Berlin, 30 April 1987. However, because of the festivities that day were to commence with the celebration in the ICC, then the Executive mayor, Eberhard Diepgen, was unable to be present, and therefore, the opening was extended 3 days. Again, much time has passed until the next extension line in the direction to a convenient location in the room. It was 1994 before I was able to take the U8 to Wittenau station trains.
2.3. History. Completion of the U8. (Завершение У8)
Residents convenient location Viertel was promised subway connection from the end of 1960-ies. After considering several options the decision was made to extend the U8. By 1987, two stages in this extension was completed: the Gesundbrunnen – StraSe Oslo and Oslo-StraSe – Paracelsus-bad. The third phase yet to be built. After BVG was hired on the S-Bahn in West Berlin, and in Frohnau, section of line was reopened on 1 October 1984, there has been growing criticism of the extension of the U8, which will run almost parallel to the train. Nevertheless, the Senate of West Berlin were firm and resumed the construction of the subway. Even a Directive from the government of the Federal Republic in Bonn, to invest in much-needed renovations of the s-Bahn, in conjunction with the warning that subsidies in Berlin will be reduced, was dismissed with the argument that the cessation of subway construction will cause serious economic damage to the city.
Construction began on 27 February 1985, while the previous segment, U8 was also still under construction. Estimated end of the third phase extension of the line Wilhelmsruher Damm near Wittenau S-Bahn station. It was obvious to distinguish metro from the train. Only shortly before dedication of the new segment did the Senate correct the name of the station, which since then is called Wittenau Wilhelmsruher Damm, but usually known simply as Wittenau.
After the fall of the Berlin wall, were opened at the same time - Bernauer StraSe, the square Rosenthaler Platz underground station Jannowitzbrucke and the three stations. The restoration of the station began after the fall of the Berlin wall, and all the former" the Ghost station” was opened on 1 July 1990.
After Paracelsus-bad, the line continues under Lindauer the Lindauer Avenue to the metro station, only on the U8 to have outside platforms. After a long curve, U8 operates under the trains. The location is close to station requires a long walk to transfer between the two. There are also disagreements about the name of this station: s-Bahn train Station at this point was called Wittenau Kremmener Bahn to distinguish it from Wittenau Nordbahn, which is now Wittenau Wilhelmsruher Damm before the match at the metro station). The U-Bahn station was renamed Karl-Bonhoeffer-Nervenklinik after a psychiatric clinic. It was in his mouth, which was only slowly accepted. On the S-Bahn, that on this day "Karl-Bonhoeffer-Nervenklinik" is declared, but shorter "Karl-Bonhoeffer-Klinik" will appear on the signs. Then metro line is still in the clinic. To minimise disturbance, this stretch of tunnel was excavated using a shield, and rubber sound is not clear, it was also necessary. This attracted repeated criticism from those who would like to open the footage with the strengthening of buildings. Also arose during construction of this section of the line other problems: the Brandenburg sand made work particularly difficult and numerous oversized boulders of the glacial erratics have led to delays.
After Karl-Bonhoeffer-Nervenklinik in the U8 turns onto Eichborndamm, where the Rathaus Reinickendorf underground was built. 1.101 m further, it will reach its current and likely final stop, Wittenau. The intention remains today to extend this line to a convenient location in the room. However, as in other subway construction projects, it is extremely budget crisis in the state of Berlin is to prevent further construction.
The extension, which is 3.6 km in length 2.2 Mi and includes 4 new stations, was opened on 24 September 1994. Construction cost 600 million DM. As in other newly built sections of the subway in this period, Rainer Rammler responsible for the design of stations. Critics say that this section would represent his peak, but that Rummler had a tendency to oversteer. This is particularly evident in the Lindauer station alley, where he first used the symbol on the coat of arms of Lindau, Linden. In Wittenau U-Bahn station, color green and yellow must radiate a certain peace, which he linked with the name of the station Wilhelmsruher Damm.
Plans for the metro in HermannstraSe trains existed since 1910. When the so-called H-Bahn opening in stages between 1927 and 1930, plans to expand never left it. The first work on the expansion of the South began in 1929, but the economic crisis prevented him from continuing. Ultimately, of Berlin cancelled the project in 1931. At this point, the tunnel from the station LeinestraSe and about one-third of the future platform for the station HermannstraSe was completed.
In 1940 the station, still only a shell, was turned into the shelter because he was very deep underground, because the line passed under the Ringbahn, which currently is in recess. To this day, the power at the station recall that time.
After 1961, the expansion plans were not pursued because there is no demand for transfer capability up railroad working on the railroad of the GDR. BVG to use the stubs in the tunnel that is already built Park surplus trains.
After the reunification in 1990, much seemed possible. On the train Ringbahn, closed by the railroad after the strike of 1980, was reopened. The re-opening was scheduled for 17 December 1993, which meant that the Senate and the BVG had to work very quickly because the construction was supposed to start on metro Ringbahn re-opened. While working at the station, the train that was parked there in the 1960s years were open. Many metro fans were delighted that one of the discoveries was an antique Bi train.
Work included the reconstruction of the old tunnel section and the existing platform and construction of the remaining section of the platform and a 320-metre turning him to the South. In addition, access to Shuttle service to the train platform above and a possible descent to a planned regional station should be placed.
Finally, on 13 July 1996, 168th Berlin U-Bahn station opened. Here too, Rainer Rummler was responsible for the design of the station, by the way, for the last time. He spoke very much to the stations in the previous section of the line and very rare station lined with turquoise tiles. So the historical shelter signs remain visible, the glass was replaced with tiles in some places.
With the commissioning of this station, U8 reached what is still its final form. Even if you plan to expand to a convenient location in the room is, it is unlikely to become a reality for many decades. The previously planned extension to the Britz was repealed, as u7 should be parallel to the route.
3. Frequency. (Частота)
The trains go every 5 minutes, in the area from Paracelsus-bad to Wittenau, it runs every 10 minutes. Since 2003 he works as a night service on weekends and rail replacement bus, called H8 on weekdays.
- U8 may refer to: U8 Berlin U - Bahn a line on the Berlin U - Bahn U8 Global Student Partnership for Development German submarine U - 8 one of several German
- U 1 is a line on the Berlin U - Bahn which is 8 8 kilometres 5.5 mi long and has 13 stations. Its traditional line designation was BII. It runs east - west
- The U 7 is a rail line on the Berlin U - Bahn It runs completely underground for a length of 31. 8 kilometres 19. 8 mi through 40 stations and connects
- Sudstern is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 7. Opened as Hasenheide in 1924 built by Alfred Grenander the name changed to Kaiser - Friedrich - Platz
- modern U 6 and line D modern U8 Ground - breaking was on 23 June 1955 at Tiergarten. Path construction was difficult as it was to underpass four U - Bahn lines
- U 2 is a line of the Berlin U - Bahn The U 2 line starts at Pankow S - Bahn station, runs through the eastern city centre Alexanderplatz to Potsdamer Platz
- PankstraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U8 It was opened on 5 October 1977 Rummler with the line s extension from Gesundbrunnen to Osloer
- Berlin Jannowitzbrucke is a station in the Mitte district of Berlin It is served by the S - Bahn lines S 3, S 5, S 7, and S 9 and the U - Bahn line U 8 It
- The U 4 is a line of the Berlin U - Bahn in Germany, and the second - shortest after the U 55 with a length of 2.86 kilometres 1.78 mi It serves five stations
- SchonleinstraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 8 Opened in 1928 and designed by Grenander it was shortly closed in 1945 and renamed in 1951
- BoddinstraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 8 It was opened in 1927 Alfred Fehse, Alfred Grenander At that time trains could only go one
- VoltastraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 8 Built in 1914 but opened in 1930 delayed by the First World War, it has granite columns and
- U 5 is a line on the Berlin U - Bahn It runs from Alexanderplatz in Mitte eastwards through Friedrichshain, Lichtenberg and Friedrichsfelde, surfaces in
- Bundestag is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 55. The name of this station was changed in April 2006 from Reichstag to Bundestag after deputations
- U 6 is a Berlin U - Bahn line, 19.9 km 12.4 mi long line with 29 stations. It runs in a north - south direction from the Berlin locality of Tegel in the north
- LeinestraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 8 The station was built by Alfred Grenander and A.Fehse in 1929. In the 1930s the southern tunnel
- Osloer StraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn station in the Gesundbrunnen former Wedding district, located on the U 8 and U 9. Like the eponymous street it is named
- Heinrich - Heine - StraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn station on the U 8 located under the street of the same name in Mitte, and protected as an architectural landmark
- ResidenzstraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 8 Opened in 1987 Rummler this station was designed to resemble a palace, the Berliner Stadtschloss
- Gorlitzer Bahnhof is a Berlin U - Bahn station on the viaduct of the U 1 and U 3. It is located in Kreuzberg, in an area that offers a wide range of nightlife
- a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 8 It was built in 1930 by Alexander Grenander and shortly closed during World War II. During the Berlin Wall
- StraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 8 Built by the subway architect A. Grenander in 1930 this station was a station of the GN Bahn Gesundbrunnen - Neukolln
- KlosterstraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 2 in the central Mitte district. The eponymous street is named after the Graues Kloster, a medieval
- U 55 is an U - Bahn line in the German capital city of Berlin It connects the new Berlin Hauptbahnhof, or main railway station, to an interchange with the
- ParadestraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn station on the U 6 line. It was opened in 1927 as Flughafen airport and at that time provided the world s first direct
- Kramer, Berlins S - Bahnhofe: ein dreiviertel Jahrhundert, Berlin Be.bra, 1998, ISBN 3 - 930863 - 25 - 1, p. 120 in German U8 HermannstraSen - U - Bahn Archived
- The rolling stock on the Berlin U - Bahn are the main types of cars for the underground railway subway They are split into two general categories: Kleinprofil
- through the two tunnel links, from U 2 to U 5 and U 5 to U8 Alexanderplatz station opened on 7 February 1882 on the Berlin Stadtbahn viaduct from Charlottenburg
- Platz der Luftbrucke is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 6. It is located under Platz der Luftbrucke and the south end of Mehringdamm on the border
- SchwartzkopffstraSe is a Berlin U - Bahn station located on the U 6. The station was built in 1923 by Grenander Fehse Jennen. Due to massive financial problems
Users also searched:
Berlin, U - Bahn, U Berlin U - Bahn, U8 Berlin U - Bahn, u8 (berlin u-bahn), berlin u-bahn lines. u8 (berlin u-bahn),
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →